Do you have any Excel OCD habits?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
then it takes hours of tracing to find an utterly illogical error that one would never concieve of even if intoxicated.
And NOBODY will admit to having made any changes!!! :mad:

I do some of my best conceiving when intoxicated
:laugh: I hear that!
Most all of my more complicated workbooks have been designed & written in this 'condition'.
(And no, don't get the wrong idea, I do a lot of my 'creating' at home.)
The biggest problem that causes is having to troubleshoot something at work where I'm not allowed to 'return to the state I was in' when I wrote it! :biggrin:

So is there possibly anything left to be OCD about? You've got all mine, well the top 50 or so.

Prolly all I could add is to point out is my abhorance of "the meddling boss" or "aspiring underling" who hacks your sheets when your not around and then wonders why, a week later, something doesn't work. then it takes hours of tracing to find an utterly illogical error that one would never concieve of even if intoxicated.

...More often than not, they have typed a value over a formula. Next time it doesn't update and they tell you it's broken. ALT+EGSF is a great time saver.

Denis

Yep. But by running those 4 keys I can highlight all the formulas and find where people have stuffed up ;-)

Just a habit of mine...

Denis

I had to Google "OCD acronym" Is there some reason people use alphabet soup in place of real words?

Another ironic signature, I see. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back