You know you are an Excel guru when ....

You might be an Excel Guru if...

...you are so desperate for projects that you resort to creating an elaborate application for recording your department's annual leave when it worked fine just colouring in cells (or using the Outlook calendar).

...you get fed up with people saying to you, "...but you can't have more than 3 conditional formats..."

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You Might be An Excel Guru if....

You have the numeric values for the alphabet from A to AZ pasted to your monitor 'cuz you got tired of counting on your fingers and toes to reference columns.

Hello,

You have the numeric values for the alphabet from A to AZ pasted to your monitor 'cuz you got tired of counting on your fingers and toes to reference columns.
Hit F1, and search on 'Column Worksheet Function'. ;)

Hello,

Hit F1, and search on 'Column Worksheet Function'. ;)

Maybe I did not include enough info. I prefer to use cells(r, c) and typically use them in a loop with a fixed column, to count rows, or compare data in cells in two worksheets, such as:

i = 2
Do Until IsEmpty(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1))
i = i + 1
Loop
RowCount = i - 1

Obviously it is easy with column A...
And you'll probably tell me that there is a ROWCOUNT function too. Just checked help and sure enough... Learn something new each day. I guess I can speed up my apps now by eliminating a loop.
Thanks! :-D

How about when someone emails you a text file and asks you to convert it for them. You return the workbook to them in about 30 seconds and they ask you what you use to do that because they use Excel and it doesn't work that fast.

Doesn't necessarily make you a guru but you wonder how they became a vice president... :cry:

Doesn't necessarily make you a guru but you wonder how they became a vice president...

By getting grunts to do things for them that they can't while they concentrate on kissing @ss :roll:

When you can make sure that 'Leapfrog' doesn't stand a prayer against Excel.

When you build a sheet to teach your 2 year old their ABC's and it sings the letters in mommy and daddy's voice!

When you build a sheet to teach your 2 year old their ABC's and it sings the letters in mommy and daddy's voice!

When it gets to Z does it move on to AA?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve T

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back