World Cup Prediction Competition

I was at Hampden with 40k others for that send off party. Showing my age!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Thank you Alphacsulb, Good luck!

Anybody else? You have 2 hours to get your entry to me - don't forget Denmark gained entry to Euro 1992 at the last minute......and then won it! :eeek:

As promised, the workbook showing all predictions is here

If you want to monitor your progress just enter the match results in the green cells and the scores and table will update automatically.

Thank you Alphacsulb, Good luck!

Anybody else? You have 2 hours to get your entry to me - don't forget Denmark gained entry to Euro 1992 at the last minute......and then won it! :eeek:

And would my Danish girlfriend at the time let me forget it???

Quick update for anybody who isn't updating their own scores.

Bertie is currently top of the table with 5 days and 19 games to go, DominicB is second and Alphacsulb and Brown share 3rd. "daddylonglegs" is loitering dangerously in 5th ready to pounce (or possibly plummet like a stone).

The competition is almost as interesting as Brazil v Ivory Coast (and with no rolling around clutching your forehead after getting kicked below the knee)

Looks like I am now officially out of the runnings. Good luck to the rest. But hey I can atleast still root for the US even though they should have had 2 wins and a draw. ;)

final results are here

Thank you all for taking part. The winner was Gearcutter - I'll be contacting him to find out the charitable destination of the £50 prize

In the end there was only 5 points separating the top 10.

Thank you to everybody who participated. Hope to see you in Brazil in 4 years time.

Ah c'mon Gearcutter, seven points in the last two games.

Congratulations!!!

Well that was fun. Good stuff Barry!

Just to let you know.......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Gearcutter expressed a preference for a donation to a charity for underprivileged children so I have made a donation of £54.97 (don't ask) to Barnardos. Because they can also claim back tax on that they actually receive £68.71.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Give yourselves a pat on the back for your contribution, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back