Word of the Day...

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
How happy she is? Well, I've seen her once or twice since she split and I have my doubts, but hey, if she's happy, cool. (If she's not that's cool too.)

As for being a bigamist? You know what the punishment for that is?

TWO WIVES!!! :biggrin:

That was humour Greg.

The original posts was about divorce, divorce is about married people, people have relationships, a relationship (in a db) is n to m, so I wittily said that by saying one to many he was talking about relationships. Too subtle by half I guess.

How happy she is? Well, I've seen her once or twice since she split and I have my doubts, ...

Undoubtedly she is bound to be devastated at losing a such a caring, considerate individual as yourself.

...Too subtle by half I guess.

Waaaay too subtle, I'm afraid. The idea of interpreting "one wife to many" in terms of database relationships completely escaped me.

When penning wit of this level of sophistication, it's probably best to keep in mind that we're the people that gave the world Roseanne and Three's Company. Not sayin' not to try, just don't be surprised when you hafta explain it to us. ;)

Can't say I know Threes Company, but I loved Roseanne. That's where we first saw John Goodman. I loved an earlier show called Rhoda, where Rhoda had a younger sister called Brenda, who has now achieved fame (and fortune?) as the voice of Marge Simpson, which was debuted in The Tracey Ullmann Show (just to prove you do some duffers). Some of your TV shows are classics, Taxi, NYPD Blues, St Elsewhere, ER, Cheers, West Wing, Band of Brothers, The Wire ... some great shows.

A dietitian was addressing a large audience in Chicago: "The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks erode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Vegetables can be disastrous to some and none of us realize the long term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have eaten or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?" A 75 year old man in the front row stood up and said, "Wedding cake." - Submitted by Lois Misiewicz

My word of the day is Jasperoid. Congratulations on your divorce however. just signed up to ask help on a question and then solved it by searching the forum. So I'm happy for now.
I didnt think that information I just imparted was worthy of its own thread so I rudely semi-hijacked yours sorry about that.

Can't say I know Threes Company,...

Three's Company was where the world (or at least the USA) first took note Suzanne Somers. Roseanne, Cheers and Taxi had much better writing and stronger casts.

Three's Company was where the world (or at least the USA) first took note Suzanne Somers. Roseanne, Cheers and Taxi had much better writing and stronger casts.

Can't say I have ever heard of Suzanne Somers, so I looked her up. Geez ... that is one stretched plastic looking woman! That apart, I don't think there was anything notable for me to remember further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back