Windows 7 Black ?

Ok. Is it the reason these are called as "Black Edition" ? And you mean to say that Windows RC and the so called Windows Black Edition are one and the same OS and only the calling names are different ?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Also, I could not understand one more thing, if Windows RC is available free of cost for download then why would they want to crack it and label the OS as Black Edition ?

RC = Release Candidate
The RC version of Windows 7 has, I think, limited availability and presumably there will be a Black edition of the final version of Win 7. I can't comment on what's in the cracked version since I don't have it! :)

RC = Release Candidate
The RC version of Windows 7 has, I think, limited availability and presumably there will be a Black edition of the final version of Win 7
Ok, thanks for the information which is valuable and it does make sense.

I can't comment on what's in the cracked version since I don't have it

Would you please comment, if I make it available to you ? I just want to know the difference and I cannot figure that out only by own self. You can throw it or dispose it off once you see the difference and share it with me/us.

Would you please comment, if I make it available to you ? I just want to know the difference and I cannot figure that out only by own self. You can throw it or dispose it off once you see the difference and share it with me/us.

No, since that would involve me breaking the law! :eeek:

Ok Rory, thanks for your help so far :cool:

Here is a small joke, one of my friends forwarded to my email address right now. Enjoy a bit laughing and easing it out ;-)

Impact of job change<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
A taxi passenger tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question. The driver screamed, lost control of the car, nearly hit a bus, went up on the footpath, and stopped centimeters from a shop window. <o:p></o:p>
For a second everything went quiet in the cab, then the driver said: <o:p></o:p>
"Look mate, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!". <o:p></o:p>
The passenger apologized and said, "I didn't realize that a little tap would scare you so much." <o:p></o:p>
The driver replied, "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver - I've been driving a van carrying dead Bodies for the last 25 years.......u can imagine what went into my mind when u touched my back!!

Have fun with that! They've still got a ways to go with all the flavours of Linux I've ever seen... :) (for your average user, anyway)
Which sort of keeps me out. Its been years since I've bothered to keep myself interested enough to figure stuff out. Nowadays its more, I'd like things to work - no hassle. Then again with the problems I've had with Vista and computer games I mights as well have been using Linux.

It HAS come a long way from the initial geekyness. A friend showed me a current Ubuntu version I think, very impressive.
Windows 7 Ultimate RC is the only official version available for download. Black editions of Windows are, to the best of my knowledge, cracked editions and therefore illegal in many (most?) countries. Hence the fact that I won't touch them.
Now it makes sense, at first I thought this was some kind of "spiffy theme version" or something.

It HAS come a long way from the initial geekyness. A friend showed me a current Ubuntu version I think, very impressive.

Definitely - the installation has become much less of a nightmare for starters! The last distro I looked at (can't recall if it was Ubuntu or SUSE) even worked with my wireless card out of the box; the version before that took me two weeks to get a working wireless connection!

Then again with the problems I've had with Vista and computer games I mights as well have been using Linux

When Windows XP entered into the markets initially, the best OS for hardcore gamer was Windows 98 SE and when Windows Vista entered into these markets, the best OS for gaming would be none other than Windows XP SP2 (and not even SP3) ! Get a Windows XP SP 2 with a Quad Processor, 3-4 gigs of DDR RAM, a good ATI Radeon or NVidia chipset GPU/AGP alongwith 1 to 1.5 GB of VRAM, a heart throbbing Sound Card alike Creative Live! Platinum and a game like Quake 4 or Unreal Tournament 2004 ;-)

That is all you need to beat the hell outta your neighbours at midnight :biggrin:

I would consider Linux to the level of Windows ME! lol ! Gone Case :eeek:

Unix which is all about security cannot become a parent for something related to IDE & Graphics !! Overall, RedHat Linux is a super flop and that is my opinion !! There is a clan out there on the internet for Anti Microsoft campaigns and I hate it lovingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back