Windows 7 Black ?

Stormseed

Banned
Recently I heard of Microsoft released a new version called Windows XP 7 Black Edition. I have not seen this one yet and I desperate to view it and experience it on my computer.

Has anyone experienced this OS and if yes, how is it ? I am waiting to know more about the feel of the OS, the interface, the reliability, the design, almost everything so that I can buy that and install it on my PC.

I have used a software like WindowBlinds & CursorXP on my computer and in a way it is very cool but this is something which has been created by Microsoft and it has to be something extra ordinary and I am obviously dying to know more about it :-D

Thanks for sharing the information.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi Stormseed,

As far as I know Microsoft have just made the Release Candidate for Windows 7 available. It's a free (but large) download if you have a MSDN subscription; there may be other ways to get it too. I've seen several reviews indicating that it's good enough to use now as your main OS; I will most likely wait for the actual release, due later this year.
One comment said that Windows 7 is what Vista should have been; it will be well worth the upgrade.

Denis

thanks, Dennis.

I would love to know if anyone is already using this Windows version on his/her computer. They could surely provide more and complete information about the Black Edition. I am so tempted to go for this but I am waiting for full updates about this stuff.

I am able to get the information from the internet but the sites display the information and updates in a marketing strategy style and they would tell anything about the performance and reliability which is an important and integral part of this OS.

There's a link here to the Black Edition download. It's a Torrent file and I've heard that some of these carry malware.

Denis

Hi Dennis.

Downloading is never a problem for me. However, thanks again for the link you have provided :-)

Incase you would be wanting to download some cool stuff sometime (as in softwares or movies or music), you can visit www.ahashare.com or www.demonoid.com which are a couple of my heavens to acquire torrents :-D

For restricting malware, you need to modify some settings in your torrent clients and install a good antivirus & spyware on your machine ! Also don't forget to configure your antivirus to prevent the rubbish traffic from getting into your computer through the torrent clients.

Simply fabulous !! I love you *Demonoid* Muuuuuahhh !!!!

I use Windows 7 Ultimate RC as my main Windows OS at home now (just upgraded from the Beta) and I think it's the best Windows yet. Certainly blows Vista out of the water.
For obvious reasons, I wouldn't ever touch a Black 'edition' of Windows (any version). ;)

I use Windows 7 Ultimate RC as my main Windows OS at home now (just upgraded from the Beta) and I think it's the best Windows yet. Certainly blows Vista out of the water.
Aaaawww...:(

Bought vista 64bit home premium like 2 years ago and am now feeling soooo cheated. I thought I was good for several years. Xp lasted like 8 years.
That blurb I see everywhere "it is what Vista should have been" is a knife twisting my guts.

Certainly does not encourage people like me to actually buy an OS.:lookaway:

Another shove towards Linux. One of these days...

Could you please tell me about what is Windows 7 Ultimate RC ? Is it like the Black Edition or better than that ? How does it look like ? And the interface and architecture ? I have not heard of this yet. Also, for what all reasons you will not prefer to go for the Black edition ? I am hoping a reasonable answer - kindly do not make any jokes using english slang out of this because then I wont understand anything.

Another shove towards Linux. One of these days...

Have fun with that! They've still got a ways to go with all the flavours of Linux I've ever seen... :) (for your average user, anyway)

Windows 7 Ultimate RC is the only official version available for download. Black editions of Windows are, to the best of my knowledge, cracked editions and therefore illegal in many (most?) countries. Hence the fact that I won't touch them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back