Which Door Leads to Heaven?

In the other context, it would have to be
... would you say, "Yes"?

If the construct is not like that - it does not mean the other context. If I remember, correctly?

Was fun all the same ...

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I do not think so.

The sentence: Would you say that France is better than Germany at skiing? Does not mean that you're actually saying the words, "that France is better than Germany at skiing".

Say is not always taken literally. See the third definition here.

Yes as a verb is a word used to express affirmation. Yes as a noun is the affirmative reply.

So "Would you say yes?" means "Would you opine in affirmatively?"​

Exactly what I wrote.

However, if you want to hear or read the word, "Yes". You would have to write it accordingly or else it will mean "would you opine in affirmatively?" or as I put it "would you agree?"

The logic to make the contrary solution viable, mandates : would you say, "yes"?

Perhaps the true lesson here is to live life in such a way that you don't have to ask which door it is...

(Sorry, I could not resist. :) And now, back to a more meaningful discussion on the topic...)

I believe I have seen this before and sorry if you guys have already came to an agreement but I'm going to through my $.02 out there anyway haha

I believe that the correct question is this

Approaching either of them (if you don’t know what one is which) and ask would the other one tell you to walk through door A or B (you would choose which every door you please) if he/she says yes or no which ever answer he/she gives you, you would do the opposite of that and be saved!

Example you approach the Liar and ask would he/she (the truth teller) tell me to go through door A or B (just pick one) the lair would tell you that the other would tell you to go to the door that brings you to hell. If you did the opposite of that you would be saved!

Example 2 you approach the truth teller and ask would he/she (pointing the lair) tell me to go through door A or B (pick one) the true teller knowing the intent of the lair would tell you the door that brings you to hell. Pick the opposite and you’re saved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back