Which console to buy?

• Wii

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • X-Box

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
hey Domski, try digging information about Super Nintendo - I feel its an awesome console - no matter what type of game you play on it - the controls are a lil complicated but one can get easily accustomed to it when used daily :)

No need to dig, I used to have one :). It was great but am definitely looking towards one of the 'new breed'.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I still don't think Mario Kart on the original SNES has been bested. That game robbed me of 1000s of hours of my life...

...That game robbed me of 1000s of hours of my life...
Gran Turismo always got me. Indeed, had I the $$$, the new one that's coming out might just persuade me to upgrade TV and console. It's probably a blessing that I don't -- I would quit going to the gym and be going to work with bags under my eyes again.

Now that I think about it -- do you suppose companies could sue Take Two Interactive for all of the lost productivity due to Grand Theft Auto junkies coming in to work sleep deprived for the past few weeks? :lol:

I find these question interesting... I find that gamers are generally polarized over one system. I personally have a 360, a Xbox original and a Wii. I prefer the controller of the 360 to the PS1/2/3. After doing a couple of ALL-day Halo games my hands are not cramped or contorted due to boxy controller designs. But a Personal preference. I absolutely love the Halo series. And even enjoy playing the original Halo on the 360 despite not being in HD, and I project the image onto a 98" screen. IMO Halo has so far been the BEST FPS, followed closely by Gears of War. Two of the flagship games of the 360.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The Wii is not a comparable option to the 360 and PS3. If you want a console buy either a PS3 or a 360, then get a Wii as a add-on. This would be like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ferrari to a smart car, all have virtues but not a fair class comparison.<o:p></o:p>
The Wii is fun. Nothing fancy really (yes I know the the controls are revolutionary). Simple graphics and simple controls. But it has a novelty and magic that makes it fun. I have heard they are putting them into old folks homes so they can play a less physically demanding bowling/pool/tennis whatever. <o:p></o:p>
I would buy a PS3 for the blu-ray, as it is one of the cheapest player on the market.<o:p></o:p>
If you are serious and not in a hurry rent them and a couple of their top games that you are interested in take them for a ride. Everything here in opinion and the one that matters is your own preference, so spend a couple of buck/quid (denomination of choice) and determine what you like. Better a couple of bucks now then several hundred on something you don’t like.<o:p></o:p>
Cheers. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p>Mark</o:p>

Last edited:
Well, my fiance and I own all three, and I get the most use out of the xbox 360. I prefer rpg/adventure type games, (Oblivion, zelda, Fable, Metroid) and they are generally good on the xbox. However, two out of those four are Nintendo games, hence we have the Wii. The Wii is great, but I wouldn't want it as my only console, as the titles for it are very varied in quality. Some of the stuff they come up with I wonder why they ever put it in a game. We don't have many games for it, however the ones we do are generally awesome.

We bought the PS3 a couple of months ago, and my other half gets far more use out of it than me. We have Gran Tourismo on it, and I was very disappointed. Glen enjoys it, but he doesn't play it so much as other games. I don't know if that is just his taste or whether he has got bored with it reasonably quickly.

So for those reasons I ticked Xbox. More excellent games.

I have been looking for some interesting games for the Wii (aside from Zelda, I have it, but I don't have the 30-40+ hrs it takes to play it, and time will be shy in a few days when our baby arrives)

I don't personally own any of the three, but I have them all covered through close friends! If I was going to buy now, it would definately be the Wii purely for the classic titles (Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and of course Smash Bros). For the price, it has the other two blown away.

PS3 has some great potential, and if you're in to your FPS's then it's probably the one to go for.....like others have said, there's not a great deal of difference from the Xbox, other than the Blu-Ray player, which probably makes it worth the marginly higher price (and the Xbox just looks hideous again!).

Gran Turismo is a bit of a let down but that's just because it's only a "preview" of the full game. At the moment I'm still much happier with GT4 on my PS2, but I am gonna be feeling bitter if I still don't have a PS3 by the time the full new one comes out!!

My advice would be to get a Wii - cheaper console, cheaper games and Nintendo always come up with the goods when it comes to innovative gaming!!

My preferance goes to the Wii. The controls are great, has a good line-up of games like Zelda: Twilight Princes, Metroid Prime 3, No more Heroes and Mario Galaxy. The graphics aren't as great as the other two, but the Wii has quality over quantity. The only major problem is the lack of a harddrive and online support ( online is just terrible in SSMB)

The X360 is also pretty solid. Good games, good graphics ( if you own a good tv) and solid online play!!

The PS3 has BluRay.......And that's pretty much it. The lineup is just horrible and the only game that got my attention was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. MGS4 is comming out soon and that is just awesome!!

On thing I forgot to say before, and as GinoZ mentioned, Xbox Live is the reason that the Xbox is a better choice then the PS3. Live rocks, it extends the gaming experiance beyond the dark basement enjoyment and lets you play with/against anyone in the world, it is spectacular.

Well I woke up Monday lunchtime with a hangover from hell and a sinking feeling in my stomach that Leeds really had been beaten by Doncaster at Wembley and decided it was time to treat myself. So I got up and went for a Wii (oh the puns are endless :stickouttounge:).

I got some extra controllers and a few games (Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Rayman Raving Rabbits 2, Metroid 3 and Mario Kart) which I can foresee taking over my life for the near future.

According to Parcelforce it's been delivered to my house and the builders that are in at the moment have signed for it. I just hope they don't realise what it is or they probably won't be doing much work this afternoon.

Anyway cheers for the insight. Most people pretty much confirmed what I though but it's always reassuring.

Here's to having some fun :biggrin:!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back