When will the Excel Questions Forum hit 1,000,000 posts?

I do recall that Richard (aka Parsnip) put up a post somewhere around #999,992 (I was rooting for him, actually).

Thanks Greg! The first I realised it was even close to 1,000,000 was when you posted the screenshots of it actually getting there :-)

Like you, I appreciate the fact that it was a familiar name though (well done Dominic!).

So, when will the 2 millionth post be reached? Place your bets now!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
And I really am curious -- did anyone else see it roll over?

Greg,

I was here (it was after lunch for me) and I actually took exactly the same screen shots as you, at 999999 and at 1000000. But before I figured out a place to upload them, you had already posted them. :wink:

Hiya Fairwinds! That's awesome! :-D I was starting to feel all alone :cry: Are your screen shots any bigger? At work I run on two screen and take my screenshots on the bigger of the two which is 1284×1024 which captures down to the lounge forum. But at home I only have a 1024×768 so I could only pick up down to the Access forum. Had I been more awake I would have at least turned off the standard toolbar or even better have gone to full screen view. But that's water over the dam as Grandma would say...maybe when Richard puts up post 2×10<sup>6</sup> I'll remember. :lol:

No I think they were the same as yours, I actually did not save them after seeing your post.

Hi all

Hey, I got post number 1,000,000, and I had no idea until I just dropped into the Lounge about 10 minutes ago. And this is my first post to the lounge too.

Actually, I can't help feeling a bit of a fraud, as I only have 913 posts as of right now,, but some folk have tons more (Fairwinds-7,862, Greg Truby-5,096, Richard Scholler-2,491, to quote the last three posters to this thread - and then there's Norie with 23,255).

Does anyone know which post was 1,000,000? I can't actually tell from looking at the posts I made today.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone else who posts to this site to help others.

DominicB

Dominic

Did you get a prize?:)

Hi Norie

Yes.
For being the 1 millionth post, DominicB gets to choose any item from the MrExcel store or the CafePress MrExcel store.

Although MrExcel has offered a money off deal on his store products - you can catch this in his post on page 6. As he rightly states, this one million posts business is a group effort - I just answered an ordinary question at exactly the right moment.

DominicB

The board casts all times as local for me (without an adjustment for Daylight Savings). I assume it does likewise for everyone else. Therefore you're probably seeing a differing hour in that post's timestamp. But when I look at that post, because I'm in the US Central Time Zone, I see a time stamp of "Posted: 18 Aug 2006 04:53" which exactly matches the timestamp in my screenshot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back