When will the Excel Questions Forum hit 1,000,000 posts?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
dang! I missed it!
thanks for the grabs tho - can you send them to me?

Wow - the big 1 millionth post! Amazing.

For being the 1 millionth post, DominicB gets to choose any item from the MrExcel store or the CafePress MrExcel store.

XLGibbs with the guess of Aug 16 was the closest guess. Again - choose any item from the MrExcel store or the CafePress MrExcel store.

In both cases, drop a note to Lora @ MrExcel.com with you choice and mailing address.

Now - it is rather arbitrary to give a prize to the person making the millionth post, since a lot of people contributed to reaching the mark. So, to offer everyone something, here is a $5 deal on some e-books.

First, add the "I Helped Reach 1 Million Posts" item to your shopping cart. You can not find this item in the store. You have to use this secret link.
http://www.mrexcel.com/sunshop/index.php?action=item&substart=0&id=99</p>
Then, after that is in your cart, you can add either the e-book of Learn Excel from MrExcel or the e-Book of Guerilla Data Analysis to your cart for $5 each. When you click on Add to Cart, you will see the regular price of $19.95 and $14. However, once you get to the cart, the items will be in there for $5. Buy today, and download today. No shipping costs.

Congraulations to everyone and thanks for helping to reach 1,000,000!

Tracy, I uploaded the JPG's to the FTP URL that you sent me in your PM to me of 17 May 2006 08:39, Subject: Re: Screenshots. You can pick them up there and move them to the permanent location you also indicate in that PM and them PM me back the links and I'll edit the post above to point there instead of to my photobucket urls.

And, y'all are welcome... it was a little before 6:00 in the morning here in KC. (Most) mornings I'm up doing my cardio from about 5:45 to 6:45. I'd been keeping an eye on this all week and we were at 999,685 when I left work yesterday. After I got back from the gym last night I went back online and we were at 999,800 and change. So I was afraid that I would miss it too. When I came downstairs this mornign and got my Nordic Track set up I flipped on the PC and came here and saw that we were at 999,989! Well, I couldn't believe my luck, so I put my cordless mouse on my bookholder-tray and clicked the Refresh button every 30-60 seconds. When I saw that we were 999,998 I got off my Nordic Track and grabbed the keyboard and got ready!

Then had to upload to Photobucket, get the links, post, yadda, yadda, yadda. So rather than my usual 60 minutes of cardio, I only got about 35 minutes this morning. But worth it to see it happen.

Did anyone else actually see it roll over, or am I the only one?

well - it is very much appreciated :-) sorry you had to cut down on your cardio..
and now I'm feeling guilty that I didn't do mine....

...sorry you had to cut down on your cardio...
-starl

Uy, I hope my "y'all are welcome" didn't come across as sarcastic. :eek: It was very sincere. :bow: Least I could do for ol' Bill after he's been paying the tab for this ongoing party. I mean, I didn't have to do all of that! I wanted to! And I really am curious -- did anyone else see it roll over?

I haven't heard anything from anyone else. you were the only one

Did you get a screenshot of those users who were online?

And no, I didn't see it, that was 0400 hrs my time, I was still snoozin'. 8-)

Did you get a screenshot of those users who were online?
-firefytr

Well, if I would have thought of that, I sure could have. But no, I didn't think of it :roll: [my excuse: it was well before my first cup of coffee]. I do recall that Richard (aka Parsnip) put up a post somewhere around #999,992 (I was rooting for him, actually). But I was glad that #1,000,000 did go to a name I recognized, DominicB. But other than DominicB & RichardS, I don't recall seeing any names that I recognized flit across the top while I was REFRESHing.

And glad to hear that you were all safe and snug in bed at 0400 and no one was in need of your services -- good news for home- and business-owners. :-D

LOL! We did have a page out at 0430 hrs, but were stood down at 0440 hrs. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back