Whats your passion?

@arkusM are you a bit of an electronics geek?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
@arkusM are you a bit of an electronics geek?

HAHA, hard to say, my first dabbling in school was for electronics but did not pursue it.. This project is definitely stretching me(Learning VB, may need to translate to C++ which I don’t know and will need to learn a microcontroller language!!!).
What is amazing is the resources that are out there; this site is amazing and there seems to be a resources like this for almost anything, I am blown away with the generosity of some people(geeks).

which microcontroller are you planning to use?

I was looking at the Arduino platform at first, but came across the Propeller chip that might handle everything I want to throw at it better, namely it needs to drive multiple LCD displays. Both the Arduino and Propeller have special programing languages so I'll have to learn something new. Do you dabble in these things as well?
We are also developing a Software version as well, and are playing around with VB, mostly because I am familiar with VBA, but VB is different enough I feel like I should just go to C++, I don't know, the learning curve feels like a brick wall at the moment...

I am involved with little league and I love creating schedules, and setting up a draft page to do our draft.

I am with Domski though, i have moved a lot to Google Docs just because the sharing part of it. So easy.

Michael D

I am involved with little league and I love creating schedules, and setting up a draft page to do our draft.

I am with Domski though, i have moved a lot to Google Docs just because the sharing part of it. So easy.

Michael D

Have you guys used Docs.com? It allows you to use xlsm files, it is a microsoft sharepoint backed system, the upside is it lets you use native MS office files.You can used FB to sign in. (not that I am a fan of that...)

But it is an option.

@arkusM
i did some old 8bit programming back in the day on 6502s and Z80s, then some PIC programming here and there. built a dodgy programmer for flashing eeproms for playstations etc. havent done anything recent tho. too old LOL

@diddi,
HAHA, never too old, someone once said to me you grow old anyway, might as well learn something along the way.
Was just curious, you never know what tangled webs people have wove over thier lives and might as well tug on a thread you find, never know what might shake out.
For me starting this projects(s) feels a bit like standing on the top of a 10m diving board mustering the courage to jump, one way or another your going in the pool but will it be an elegant entry, a passable entry, and I just hope it isn't a belly flop... LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back