Whats your passion?

diddi

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Just thought I'd get the lounge talking about something non-political and non-intellectual so i was wondering what fellow excellers use excel for to enhance their leisure time.

I don't mind a bit of genealogy so i find it quite rewarding to get excel working for me scaraping a few web pages and making nice lookups for mine (and others) family history research.

What's your 'bent'?

Cheers, and happy discussion...

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Well I'm a complete nutter so my passion is snakes and gliding.

I also enjoy veggie gardening and hiking in the wildlife reserve behind my house.

Recently I got into geocaching!

Field Archery, I've been practicing for over 50 years, and if I don't some improvement soon I'm going to give it up! :)
And no we don't wear green tights, well not all of us and definitely not in public. :biggrin:

Other than using it to keep track of what people owe me when I've booked holidays I don't use Excel for much outside work and if I'm honest most of that kind of thing goes on Google Docs these days to make it easier to share.

Dom

Ohhhhhh excel related. I missed that bit.

Well I work with Excel all day so these days I'm enjoying not being glued to it all days and every day. Still, being self-employed and using excel sure beats working a 'regular' job. :biggrin:

Jon - geocaching is fun isn't it? Right now I have a travel bug that needs a new home. But it will have to wait until it gets a little warmer here.

Well I'm a geocaching noob but we travel about a fair amount, both locally and internationally, so it made sense to join the club. We really enjoy our outdoor walks/hikes and my daughter (3) also finds it fun.

You might be surprised how many caches are local to you. We live in the middle of nowhere and yet there is about a dozen around us, mostly up the hiking trails.

It's amazing how many there are. I just checked the website and I have 44 caches within 10 miles of my zip code. 302 if I go out 25 miles! The kids lose interest if we don't find them really fast, but once found they are all over it. They loved the one that was a bug in the hole of a tree. You had to pull a string coming out of the abdomen of this huge plastic pincher bug and a little aluminum tube came out which you had to unscrew and sign your name.

Geocaching sounds interesting. There are over 20 within a mile of where I'm sitting. I'll give it a go once Ma Nature allows outdoor activities. Except for the site that says the area abounds in poison ivy. Been there, done that, don't care for it.

I have recently used it to drive TSD Rally computations, which will serve as the springboard for a VB Version with Odo/Speedometer inputs and a separate hardware stand alone unit. (Caution!!! steep learning curves ahead)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall813

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back