what's the difference :huh:

Aladin: I forgot to mention it earlier but if you have the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox there is a script that will--in a way--stop the scrolling.

If any posts go outside the visible area of the browser which would cause the user to have to scroll to the right it simply adds a scrollbar at the bottom of those individual posts. So you are then able to scroll the HTML Maker posts over to see the entire thing without having to scroll the entire page.

It's been working fantastically for me:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/2679

Aladin: I forgot to mention it earlier but if you have the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox there is a script that will--in a way--stop the scrolling.

If any posts go outside the visible area of the browser which would cause the user to have to scroll to the right it simply adds a scrollbar at the bottom of those individual posts. So you are then able to scroll the HTML Maker posts over to see the entire thing without having to scroll the entire page.

It's been working fantastically for me:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/2679

Thanks Kristy. Looks like the trouble is over.

Do you also have something on copying an HtmlMaker exhibit and pasting it in Excel without getting row numbers as separate records from data records if you know what I mean?

I believe I understand you, and yes it does that to me as well. It's never bothered me, though. I just delete those cells and shift the data over. If I'm going to copy an HTML example into Excel, I usually just open the page in IE and copy it from there. It makes a much "cleaner" copy and allows much easier use of text to columns to split it all up.

As far as the copying goes: it makes sense (to me, at least) that the row numbers would be copied as well--it is, after all, nothing but a HTML table that is displaying text.

I believe I understand you, and yes it does that to me as well. It's never bothered me, though. I just delete those cells and shift the data over. If I'm going to copy an HTML example into Excel, I usually just open the page in IE and copy it from there. It makes a much "cleaner" copy and allows much easier use of text to columns to split it all up.

As far as the copying goes: it makes sense (to me, at least) that the row numbers would be copied as well--it is, after all, nothing but a HTML table that is displaying text.
Regarding this problem Table-It offers the correct behaviour: copy the table and select from menu "back to sheet": done.
  A    B          
1 NAME OCCUPATION 
2 Math Cook       
3 Marc Excellist  
4 Luke Writer     
5 John Pianist    

main

[Table-It] version 02 by Erik Van Geit
One condition: table must be displayed correctly: that's why I started this thread: if no solution is found then the users can of course select the "code"system.
Code:
  A    B          
1 NAME OCCUPATION 
2 Math Cook       
3 Marc Excellist  
4 Luke Writer     
5 John Pianist    

main

[Table-It] version 02 by Erik Van Geit

So, Kristy & Tracy,
Are there any new elements about the original question ?

best regards,
Erik

Unfortunately, no. :oops: I didn't forget, I just haven't really looked yet as I've spent most of my day (believe it or not) working on a little project at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back