What would you do...

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with SAP. The companies that I have worked with in the past had a full suite of modules (from manufacturing, supply chain mgmt, crm, etc...) and thus SAP and integration professionals on staff. I just put in my data requests and got my dumps.

Sounds like you SAP implementation isn't as sophisticated (i.e. OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!).

You could do it yourself, none of this is rocket science. Though I found that most SAP IT folks are very antsy to let anyone else play with their implementation.

If you do not have any SAP staff and not allowed access to the SAP software then yes, you'd have to get an SAP consultant/integrator. These guys aren't cheap.

As for your second paragraph... I don't understand what you mean by "employees backed up".

Getting back to the point if you can do it yourself... There has to be a query to return invoice data. You just need to learn enough SAP to get that dumped into some sort of data file. If you can get access to SAP, it shouldn't be that hard to pick up (if you already know a smattering about databases and programming). If you aren't comfortable mucking around with software and databases, it is not something I would recommend doing on something that is live.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hi, and thanks for posting. When I said "backed up" I just meant that having all those invoices slows down the employees who have to do them, who could be doing something other than invoices if they were automated. Since you mentioned that SAP consultants tend to be expensive, I don't think I'll bring it up to the boss. Thanks again for the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PinHeads

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back