What would you do...

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Yeah, learn VBA. If you get good enough you’ll be able to automate everything you do and your company won’t have to employ you any more. They will actually, they’ll keep you on the keep the macros working, just make sure you don’t get stuck where you are because you become irreplaceable.

I taught myself VBA when I had spare time at the end of the month. Got to the point when I had 1-1.5 weeks of work and the rest of the month with nothing to do. Not anymore mind you.

lol

Lol I can just see it now, if I did that, it could take like 1/2 of this other person's job away. I don't know about doing that. Unless I didn't tell anyone. Lol.

Re: lol

Do it, they'll find something else for them to do, I'm sure. :)

yup yup.

If not you, someone else, so why not you?

I find the hard part is actually coming up with good ideas. If I got paid to sit around, I'd go crazy (been there, done that, still not sure I'm sane now though...)

After identifying something useful, I'd try to create it. Start my own business. What better way to do that than when someone else is paying for it???

:)

How much?

How hard would it be to transfer invoices in SAP to an organized excel file, sort of creating a database? Sounds like a really good idea that would be beneficial for me and the company.

I'm guessing though, that this isn't so easy. :-?

Do a Google search for "SAP to Excel". There are tons of options.

Smitty

SAP should be hooked into your accounting system. If this wasn't done, this was a major faux paux in the SAP implementation.

SAP is great for automated reports and data processing. Unfortunately when you get down to the details of data mining, often you have to manipulate the data and SAP isn't always the easiest thing to maneuver.

Thus lots of automated query data dumps into something that's much more maneuverable: access/excel.

This is exactly what the top consultants do when examining the operations of a company.

You might be pleasantly surprised how easy it can be to port a block of data into a text file and then get it into Excel/Access :)

SAP to Excel automatically - Invoices

So I'm thinking of suggesting this to my boss, but I don't think I can actually do it myself. I'm not sure whether or not to tell him that this can be done because if I can't do it they'll have to pay some consultant person to do it right?

Does the value of not having employees backed up on invoices every now and then outweigh the cost of hiring someone to get the invoices to go from SAP to Excel automatically? I'm guessing it depends on the company so it's hard to say.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PinHeads

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back