What is your Work Music?

It was supposed to be banned at my workplace, but seeing as I'm the only person on my team who's full time I get to listen to music if I want.

I used to be on Grooveshark or Last fm a lot, but IT decided to block them...so I bought a cheap 4gb usb stick and filled it, now I'm back to being plugged in from 8:30 til 5 :biggrin:

I do get some confused looks when people see the odd variety of my playlist though... I got a bit of everything in there!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Lately, it's been Mozart, Brahms, Bach and Beethoven. The boss prefers classical and well, I just want to make him happy.

Then you probably wouldn't want to add in any Megadeth for hard-core coding. ;)

Seeing as I am getting nostalgic these days I too am listening to Led Zep (and mainly the more bluesy and acoustic stuff live stuff), Fleetwood Mac concerts , a Blondie concert (which is actually one of their more recent gigs and not a 80's one) and most often currently tracks from Santana's Guitar Heaven, in particular "I ain't superstitious", "Little Wing", "Back in Black" and "While my guitar gently weeps".

But most importantly all through my headphones as the girls at work have started playing Christmas songs this week

I have a hard time listening to intricate music while programming as I always end up dissecting the music instead of the VBA code. But certain pieces like this one can get the brain engrams livened up for coding later for sure.

If I had heard this piece played when I was 8 years old instead of "Hello Dolly" by Louis Armstrong, you couldn't have kept me away from a violin. But I became a trumpet player instead for about 10 years.

Amazing piece played live, especially the 2nd half:

Hilary Hahn performs Ysaye Violin Sonata No. 3 "Ballade"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJv66ptkH9c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back