What is the Temperature of Ice-Water.

Is it something to do with the phases water/ice go through?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
diddi,
Yes, The points was the key: of a triangle is three and two points in a line. I think ice water is 32 degrees farenheit or as Vog mentioned, 0 degrees celcius.

Good points to this topic and very interesting to hear the points made be contributers.

Norie,
I suppose, but no secret tricks or anything. The basic goal here is to gain collective perspectives from the great minds that frequent here.

So far it seems Vog and I are in aggreement as to the temp. I would like to hear others specific temperature speculations.

What type of ice?:)

if the solution is agitated, then i am happy with 0c (32F)

and id be prepared to tip the hint is triangle - 3, line - 2 making 32F

diddi, that is my guess, you are right.

I cannot say if my guess is accurate though. hah!

its either that or the triple point which is around 0.1c not much difference tho in the scheme of things

good idea to have a little light entertainment in the lounge.

diddi, I did not know about the triple point as a term. I just looked up the term and skimmed over, interesting.

It is a coincidence between the using the triangle to represent "three" (points) and the term actually refering to items discussed in this thread.

Clever!

Just to maybe gain some understanding because this physics is outside my realm of knowledge...

It has always been my understanding that a glass of ice water in aan undisturbed environment normally sits around 35 degrees F. I/we frequently use ice water to "calibrate" a thermometer to 35 degrees when we are hunting. Not a scientific device or application, so it does not have to be perfectly precise. But that's what we've always done.

If the water were to cool to 32 degrees, would it not then be ice as well? I do understand and have seen that there are situations where liquid water can be colder and not be a solid, and then flash freeze when agitated, but I am thinking of a simple glass of water sitting on my kitchen table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saviour198

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back