What are your favorite keyboard short cuts?

Hey I really like that. Thanks for sharing that because I have always had about 7 or 8 things in my quick launch, but it will be nice to have that space open.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Following were my fave keyboard shortcuts.....Ctrl-Space - select column
Shift-Space - select row
Ctrl-Arrow Key - depending on which arrow key you hit, it will move the cursor along a series of cells
Ctrl-Page Up, Ctrl-Page Down - cycles through worksheets.... reason why is because... I've been using that for so many times...in my daily works...

And of all... here my most fave... Ctrl-F... this shortcuts help me a lot... for I could easily found the words or topics I wanted to look for whenever I'm using excel...

• Rename the START menu items you use most so they begin with a number.
(Right click on the item...select Rename)

Here are some of mine:
0_Windows Explorer
1_Email
2_MS Access
3_Excel
4_Word
5_Internet Explorer

Now...to open any one of those programs...
• Press START then press the digit

eg Press START then Press 3... to open Excel (on my PC)

As long as no other start menu items begin with the same character,
the app will start immediately. Otherwise, each time you press the digit,
the next app with that number will be selected. Press ENTER for the one you want

If anyone having access to a software called System Mechanic - the above things and much much more could be done very efficiently with Windows. Incase, anyone interested - buy that software with your eyes closed - I guarantee that you will not regret buying it! That tool is worth every penny you spend because it has everything from Standalone to the Networking part which will always boost the performance of your computer if used in the correct manner.

Moreover, I am the keyboard man and I seldom use these settings to open Excel or Internet Explorer on my computer. Instead I prefer to press Window+R > excel or iexplore (respectively) and hit Enter (just an example) ! The same logic applies to Excel shortcuts too - you can redefine the way Excel selects the option when you press ALT key with the Excel > Tools > Customize > Commands option and you can even define and create your own menu bar or menu options.

Originally Posted by SydneyGeek
Start the recorder
Select the cell
F2 then Tab
Stop the recorder

Denis

This is an AWESOME shortcut! I have never seen this before and it will be very, very useful to me. Thanks Denis!

~tbeards

All this "shortcut" does is replace :-

Select the cell
Click in the formula bar then Tab (or Enter)

So the "shortcut" amounts to pressing F2 instead of clicking in the formula bar.

How awesome is that ?

So the "shortcut" amounts to pressing F2 instead of clicking in the formula bar.

How awesome is that ?
Good Catch.

All this "shortcut" does is replace :-

Select the cell
Click in the formula bar then Tab (or Enter)

How awesome is that ?

Isn't the point of a shortcut to NOT have to use the mouse????

If you're just doing one formula, yes -- click in the cell and then in the formula bar.
If you want to record all the formulas in a row then F2-Tab in sequence is much quicker than using the mouse.

Denis

If you're just doing one formula, yes -- click in the cell and then in the formula bar.
If you want to record all the formulas in a row then F2-Tab in sequence is much quicker than using the mouse.

Denis

When I do it, not only is it not much quicker, it's not quicker at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back