User can run macro but not vba in Access 2007

CongoGrey

Greetings to All,

I have released an Access 2007 database to a user.
She can run macros (one main form button opens another form with a macro) but cannot run any vba code (a second main form button that opens another form using vba).

I can run both the macros and vba on her PC using my login but she cannot.

We have gone through the Trusted Locations, etc.
We also had Office 2007 reloaded. Any suggestions?
I do not know what further to do.

CongoGrey

If you set up a real simple macro, like one that just returns a message in a Message Box, can she run that by clicking on that Macro?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
If you set up a real simple macro, like one that just returns a message in a Message Box, can she run that by clicking on that Macro?

Yes. I created a macro that opens vba code that displays a MsgBox vbOKOnly. My user clicks and the macro runs the code.

Upvote 0
It definitely sounds like a Security setting, as Offtrail suggested.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you try creating a Macro using one of the "ImportExport..." actions. Does that work on that other computer?
Those are some of the more secure Macro actions which usually are not listed by default (where you have to click "Show All Actions").

Upvote 0
It definitely sounds like a Security setting, as Offtrail suggested.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you try creating a Macro using one of the "ImportExport..." actions. Does that work on that other computer?
Those are some of the more secure Macro actions which usually are not listed by default (where you have to click "Show All Actions").

'Export to Excel' function is complex creating columns from rows--I doubt that it could be performed entirely in a macro and I know that I do not have time to micronize it.
I will try a simple table export using 'ImportExport...' macro actions (not running any queries, etc.).

Upvote 0
I will try a simple table export using 'ImportExport...' macro actions (not running any queries, etc.).
That is all I was asking you to do. I want you to try it from just a Macro Action (not VBA).

Upvote 0
That is all I was asking you to do. I want you to try it from just a Macro Action (not VBA).

Greetings!
I have exported a single table using a button which fires a macro with the command 'RunSavedImportExport' --I did not see an 'Import...' I think that's only in 2013 and above.
I'm in 2007.

I also created a new database and imported all of the tables/queries/forms/code (just in case corrupted).
I also created another database which ran the code using a macro with the command 'RunCode'.
The user is testing this now.

The goal has changed from 'figure this out' to get the user up and running.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaseremad

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back