USA version S/W ok in the UK?

stamp duty is not a tax on stamps! It's a tax you pay on things like the purchase of a house over a certain value. Something to do with large value contracts. Council tax has to be the worst of these. I pay £216 per month for nothing. The council are supposed to use my money to collect my waste, I live in a block of over 100 apartments, we all put our trash in one place for them. They are supposed to keep up the condition of the road outside my building. Again, 100+ flats share about 40 feet of road (and we all pay for it). They are supposed to provide police, i never see police around and my building has a 24hr security guy. I feel ripped off big time.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
$400+ a month?

Hmmmm...Might have to have a Thames Tea Party soon.

Smitty

Smitty

432.4536 US by the current exchange rate.:)

I've actually just had folks over from New Mexico and the say it might be the last time they come.

Partly because they're elderly but also because of the cost due to the exchange rate.

PS They brought cigarettes over that were a ¼ the price of what we pay here.:)

It's pointless now (The Licence Fee), because the BBC seem to think it's their job to compete with other channels, by copying the worst programmes on SKY and ITV, then filling in the gaps with soaps.

But there was a time when the BBC produced programs like "I Claudius" and, every Wednesday, "Play For Today". People watched quality television because it was available. Now they're too frightened to put anything on that might bother anyone enough to spill their tea.

BBC does have its perks. Probably about 95% of the TV I watch is on BBC channels, if only for the lack of commercials! I still think it's the best broadcasting company in the world (although they could do with spending a bit more of my licence fee on live Soccer games).

I splashed out £26 ($50) last year on a cheap as sh%t Freeview box and discovered that I only really use it to get BBC 3 and News 24. Oh well, at least I'm ready for the 2011 analogue switch off!

I must admit I spend most of my TV time watching Beeb channels (and also listen to Radio 4 more than any other radio station). The quality on the BBC I find to be far in excess of what is available on the other free-to-air channels (like ITV1 for example, which really does seem to be 100% Trailer-trash offerings these days). I do like ITV3 though for some of the quality repeats.

I do agree that a couple of the "extra" terrestrial (no pun intended)channels like ITV3 & More4 have some good stuff on them, as long as they stay away from politics/current affairs, reality tv and premium rate phone in shows (which they seem to be having real problems with lately!)

Is Dr. Who still going? Used to watch it years ago. Haven't had TV for nine years now. Don't know what's on these days.

Dr Who has made a return after many years away and is now in it's 3rd "new" series. We're already on our 2nd "new" Doctor and our 2nd "new" assistant, but still remains to be very entertaining (about the only thing on tv on a Saturday!)

There was also a spin off series called Torchwood (an anagram of Doctor Who) but I didn't watch that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

The new Dr Who series have been pretty good I think. I have no choice as my son is obsessed by it (probably too young at 4 to be watching these things but hey ho). The series Planet Earth was absolutely stunning to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back