USA version S/W ok in the UK?

and a £1000 fine if you fail to pay your TV license! Grrr!!!

now, vehicle tax... does anybody know if i will still have to pay typical 4x4 rate if my car has a LPG conversion...??

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
How do they know if you have a TV anyway? Do they make you register when you buy it?

HOTPEPPER

They have detector vans that must use some sort of radio/radar/space technology to find the televisions.

Either that or they sneak into your house at night and/or look through the windows.:)

PS They sometimes 'target' the use of these vans when major sporting events are on.:o

How do they know if you have a TV anyway? Do they make you register when you buy it?

Yes they do. Same goes if you buy a VCR or DVD recorder - the theory being that it is the receiver that allows you to receive programs, not necessarily the screen to watch them on.

And it's more of a (forced) subscription than a tax.

DominicB

What's the difference?

Quit yer bitchin'!

Here I pay $49/month for 900 channels of $@&% with a satellite dish bolted to the roof just so my wife can watch the BBC!

Believe me, whatever you get in the UK HAS to be better than the crap served here! Or do you have to listen to people talk about Sanjina and American Whatever too? (Although we do get the History channel...)

Note that where I'm from, some guy driving by the house pointing something out of the window at it is due to get shot. ;)

Smitty

Hmmm...Hugh Laurie on "House" is **** good...Whatever happened to Cadfile - the Medieval Dirty Harry? Have Tom & Diana met God yet? Are the young ones old now? And the Saint is on NCIS...

Ah, Cadfael, now there was a program.

A monk who had fought in the Crusades, had a son and was from Wales.:)

PS David McCallum was The Man from UNCLE not The Saint, as far as I know anyway.

And he wasn't in The Girl from UNCLE but was in the A-Team.

Amazing the wealth of valuable information you can find on the web when bored on a Sunday afternoon.:)

$49 for satellite TV is OK. More like £49 for us although it depends how many channels you want of course.

The only other options are cable which is just as expensive or freeview which is (stating the obvious here going by the name) free but doesn’t have many channels. TBH I don’t watch all that much TV so I don’t bother with cable or sat but the TV license is a rip off for the few channels you get without ads. It does pay for the BBC radio stations as well though and I do like my Radio 2 on the journey home sometimes so I guess that’s worth paying for. Again – no radio adverts on those stations either.

Income Tax 22% (40% if you're "lucky")
National Insurance 12%
VAT on just about everything 17.5%
Additional Tax on Tobacco, Car Fuel and Alcohol
Road Tax
Council Tax
Insurance, Gas, Electricity, Coal, Airport, TV Taxes
Stamp Duty
(I'm sure there's a lot I've missed)
You save frantically for your pension, so they Tax that.

STAMP DUTY?

stampactpic.jpg

You guys need to put a stop to that sort of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back