The Users Guide to I.T. Support

Or is yours the sort of organisation that restricts such things as desktop wallpaper, screen savers and web surfing? As for being booked for having Spybot & AdAware - ppffttt! They are real life savers!
Yes. :huh:

I used to have WebShots as a screen saver with a bunch of climbing shots (loved that collection) and had to remove it because it wasn't approved. I can understand part of the policies as our average user will click on just about anything, but seriously, when it gets to the point of having beneficial software violate a policy because of plain ignorance is just plain stoopid!

Smitty

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
"Ya got a problem wit dat, boy? We smarten you right up to our way of thinkin'!"

At least that was the advice given to me ~50 years ago. There are rules that make sense, and then there are Rules. Don't ever confuse the two. :-?

:lol:

I got another one for NateO's list that happened to us a few weeks ago:

If you totally screw something up in a software program, it is best to simply turn off the computer and go home and not worry about telling any IT people until tomorrow. Never mind that there are numerous nightly scheduled jobs that depend on the stability of the program and the validity of the data in it! :x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back