Steam Works Online Error

Hmm, that is strange. I don't seem to get that. I only asked because sometimes Chrome seems really slow (the little wheel goes round backwards for ages) but otherwise it seems fine. I wondered if Kasperthang was the issue. Maybe it is sommat else.

Thanks, though.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Why not keep F-Secure but reconfigure the firewall? Makes more sense to me than removing it
Thanks for your input, Rory.

F-Secure does not really have an option to allow incoming and outgoing traffic so I that I could configure the firewall. Once installed, it would stop all the traffic trying to connect to the PC. Also, incase there is a way to configure the same, I would have to contact the F-Secure support & Steam Works support in order to configure and allow the ports needed by Steam to work online. Its much of a headache and I do find it easier to let go off it and install a good antivirus as a replacement. As long as the AntiVirus gives me a real time protection along with an Internet Browsing shield alongwith automatic update downloads, I am satisfied !!

Hi Dom,

all of my friends use AVG and they say it is the best AV you could install on your computer (according to them) and I thought to give it a try and see how it works for me. I ain't really against using Kaspersky for I have to try any one at a time. Let's see how it goes else I have an option to switch to Kaspersky ;-)

Hey Bryony,

You might want to know that using Google Chrome involves a considerable risk. Google Chrome can sell the information you enter while on webpages, atleast thats what the Google Chrome contract agreement says after installing the browser on your computer.

You may want to check out Google's Privacy Policy:
Google Chrome Privacy Policy

I would personally recommend using Firefox and it is the best as long as security is concerned :-)

Last edited:
Anti-virus is not the same as a firewall. I trust you have at least re-enabled the Windows firewall?
There is also a school of thought that Firefox is not the best for security; apart from anything else, its increased market penetration has made it much more of a worthwhile target for hackers. Opera also had fewer security issues last time I checked.

I don't realize but when I checked, all of the 3 Windows Firewall options under the General tab are greyed out ?

Is your work laptopt? If so, they are set and control by your network administrator.

Regards

No man ! How can I play an online action first person shooter in office ? :biggrin: Its my home dream computer !!!!

Yeah but my computer is not a stand alone.

It is always connected to the internet and also the plethora of viruses which is talked about on the webapge, it seems that computer is under that threat hence the firewall is greyed out ? Any idea ?

No man ! How can I play an online action first person shooter in office ? :biggrin: Its my home dream computer !!!!
I have actually seen that done once. And the guy had the gall to complain the computer wasn't quite fast enough either.

Have you ensured you are an administrator. I'd try to think harder, but I can't for the life of me remember how the XP version looked/acted anymore.

Darn, edit window expired. I just thought of something. Looking at the KB article linked above it strikes me that if you previosuly had a F-secure Firewall it has probably programatically disabled the windows one and the uninstall has not enabled it. So if you follow those steps in the KB you should probably get the Firewall back. So its likely not a virus that did the change but the old Firewell program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back