Steam Works Online Error

Stormseed

Banned
Just wanted to post this and find out if anyone could help me:

Does anyone know how do you get rid of this error which comes up everytime you try to connect to Steam Online ? The error is "Unable to Load Library (SteamUI.dll)".

I have tried almost everything to resolve this error but everything failed. I have tried registering all DLL files, removed antivirus, Installed, Uninstalled Steam, and Steam Games, nothing works. I just want to play online and thats all, nothing more :-(

This was supposed to be fun and I am experiencing a live nightmare...Please help if anyone has come across these types of errors whiel registering Steam Works.

Valve has been sick high time now.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Some help of the shot-in-the-dark variety, did you verify you are using a compatible OS? Also try re-registering the dll with RegSvr32.

Hey..
Steam is not a game, rather a gateway to play online and standalone games. They have brought in a new technology to verify licensed games and force users across the world to *buy* rather than buying pirated or cracked games. It is sort of a major breakthrough or you can term it as a new revolution ! The game is installed through a CD/DVD but it can only be pplayed after you activate it on Steam Works. It applies to both multiplayer and stand alone games. In other words, no cracks, or serials or piracy can damage or hack Steam games.

Windows XP is a great and very sensitive OS, you might know that well. I have tried everything. The game would execute with no hassles. I have even tried to execute Steam in Compatibility mode but failed again. The mods at Steampowered.com say that I have some kind of UDP port problem and you know this issue is experienced by hundreds of other users as well.

I am going to try out one last thing tomorrow and I have kept my fingers crossed for this one ;-)

Hey..
In other words, no cracks, or serials or piracy can damage or hack Steam games.
I can with utter honesty say that I don't believe that for a second. There's no "protection" a dedicated group of *******s can't force.

In my experience the only sure result is that it will give the person actually buying the game issues of some kind.

Ran into this while trying to re-play Company of Heroes. To play a single player game I need to download upgrades needed for on-line play but since the server was down it refused to let me into the game "because you needed these updates for on-line play". But I don't want to aply on-line., I want to paly a single player game, same as I did months ago, I don't need any "balancing patches" for that.
So even while having everything needed I'm not allowed to play my own game because some server somewhere is having troubles. That made me very unhappy.

Exactly !

I look forward to play a single player initially and later after a while, switching to online. I could not play because the silly Steam would not connect throwing some kind of DLL error about its connectivity.

Moreover, about my statement, it is very true that they (Valve) have made the chances of hacking or cracking a game very very tough because of the verification and activation now being done Online.

Ofcourse the hackers would hack it their way and make the games available on a CD or a DVD but albeit, if you look forward for technical updates and support, you will need to *buy* and *activate* your stuff on Steam Works. I dont know but in a way this good as per security measures and it sucks too in respect to playing single player sessions.

Meanwhile could we depend on ID Software or Epic ? :-D

Oh yeah ! I did it now, problem resolved :-D

I uninstalled F-Secure antivirus package and it was this firewall by F-Secure which blocked the ports for Steam Works. Everything works fine now and I can play my favorite games online ! Incase any users having some kind of same issues, try to check the firewall properties including the Windows Firewall. I still need an Antivirus for my PC and anyone got any tips to download a good one ?

Peter gave me a tip of using "Superantispyware" (no real time protection in free version) and one of my cousin living in the US, he suggested me to use Spybot Search & Destroy but these are spywares and I need a free Antivirus. I guess, AVG is good, anyone ?

Hi,

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security for the last couple of years (along with SpyBot and Superantispyware) and other than it having a few issues with the Google Chrome browser I have found it to be an excellent product. If you shop around you can pick it up quite cheaply as well.

Dom

Why not keep F-Secure but reconfigure the firewall? Makes more sense to me than removing it!

Domski - as a matter of fact - what are the issues you have had with Kasperkey and Google Chrome - I use both and am interested...

The main problem I've encountered was playing YouTube and videos. It's not something that bothers me that often and generally swith to IE if I need to do but was reading on some Chrome forum that suggested it was Kaspersky related and lo and behold when I disabled it the videos played fine in Chrome. Haven't really been bothered to look into it too much with Chrome being a beta and likely to be a little flaky.

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back