Solar panels (UK based)

a combination of freezing rain, snow, and more freezing rain

There's nothing more fun than watching people drive during a February/March ice storm in Texas. It's like watching traffic in the rain in LA. "StormWatch 20xx" and you can be sure that the number of wrecks will grow exponentially.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Well Smitty,

I'm jealous. Unfortunately not all Northern Californians are lucky enough to be located in a Garden of Eden like Boulder Creek. I used to live down that way (Menlo Park/Palo Alto) and it is gorgeous, especially up in the redwoods. You get your air conditioning from the Pacific Ocean...very nice!

I, on the other hand, live in the part of Northern California that requires one to have air conditioning. The Sacramento Valley often has summertime temps above 100, but usually in the 90s, like today. Although this Summer has been extremely gentle--only about 6 or 8 days over 100. August, usually our hottest month, had no days over 100! That has not happened in 30 years.

My air conditioning usually runs me about $250-300/month. I get a break for a month or so in the Fall, then the heater gets me for about the same. Then I get a month or so in the Spring with no heat or air required and start it all over again.

I don't count the cost of kwH. I'm the type that would be sitting and calculating the minute by minute cost of A/C just in case someone asks about my A/C bill. :laugh:

Hi if you want to know more check this link

http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Generate-your-own-energy/Cashback-Calculator

some companies will actually fit free solar panels, but the catch is they keep the F.I.T payments, works out on average 1k - 1.5k per annum

its a win win situation either way

Toonies
icon7.gif

We're not quite in summer yet but we are hitting highs of 30 in the day and as low as 1 or 2 at night (celsius BTW).

As for electricity consumption, I use about 200 units a month. But we don't do gas here...

I'm looking at buying some land here and buying. The piece I am looking for has two small canals running through it. I reckon I could use it for hydro electricity; I figure it's something relatively easy to make myself. :)

I live on a narrowboat and although I haven't installed panels yet I might do in the near future - from asking around I can get stick on panels for a total expenditure of around £600 which should provide the vast majority of my electrical needs when I am away from a shoreline ....

..... but as my total outlay for electricity through a mains line since March has been less than £10 that probably isn't a lot of help for you land lubbers :rofl:

Does this mean you're going to become a farmer? I bet you want to keep sheep on the land, dontcha Jon? ;-) That or goats

Just cos you have a thing for goats Richard... That's right; we know all about your extra curricular activities with Daisy! :biggrin:

Actually Kristy is the farmer. We are getting some laying hens in soon, so far we just have the fruit and veg on the go. Only recently planted but we are hoping to grow enough to feed ourselves and maybe sell a bit too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back