Software I loved, but is no longer available

I played a game called Munchies (on the Mac). Totally mindless, but a lot of fun. Also, a mahjong tile game called Mombasa.

Then there was Tetris...

Denis

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I used to really like Dungeon Master on the Amiga (especially closing doors on monsters) and Eye Of The Beholder (which was a PC port to the Amiga). Speedball 2 was wicked!

I agree Speedball 2 was very good (on the Atari ST). I spent countless days playing Kick Off 2 on my friend's Atari ST and Gauntlet (1 or 2) on the Speccy.

Another nostalgia trip is MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) which in "normal language" means PC versions of the old coin ops you may have played as a kid like Space Invaders, Gyrus, Donkey Kong, Juno First, Xerion etc.

We had competitions at work where we took screen shots as proof of the results and chose a different game each week. Bit of a laugh as PC's are so fast these days you have to make sure you slow down the game so you have a fighting chance. :-)

Speedball 2 is excellent! - And they are currently remaking it with the Bitmap Brothers overseeing it! - Not sure if its Consoles or PC that are getting it, or both, but I shall be in the queue when it is released either way, one trailer even has the "Ice Cream, Ice Cream" tagged onto the end of it...

Ahhh.. Classic gaming moments flooding back...

I'm at work so can't get to the sites but if you Google it you should be able to find some of the screen shots of the new version.

Impossible Mission has just been re-released as well on the Nintendo DS.(Another visitor, stay a while.. Stay foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeer)

{ahem}

I remember a game called Genesia on the Amiga that kept me entertained for months, it was kind of like Populous but far better IMO, and written in AMOS as well if memory serves me correctly. Never tracked down a version of it though, shall have to get looking again :)

Speedball2 - got to be one of the goriest and best games I've ever played.:0

Hmmm, I have to say I don't know these games or I don't remember them.. probably too many beers since then. Perhaps I will look back at these games later. But for now I will stick with Conflict :) Very simplistic in nature. Plus I get the opportunity to say... wow I blew up another state!

Impossible Mission... had forotten about that. Never did do very well on that one. Let me see... how about Boulderdash? Or Jumpman? Ahh, Dune II (got that running on my machine at home). Super Breakout, for the Atari 2600... but it just isn't the same without the original paddles...

How's about Civilization?

I mean the first one, which I can't actually get to run on Vista. :roll:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve T

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back