Software I loved, but is no longer available

MorganO

One of the earliest games I played on the computer was 'Questron' by SSI. It was for the C-64 and I absolutely loved it! It was a fairly easy Role Playing Adventure, but it had a series of side games you could play in it to increase your characters attribute points, which was fairly unique.

I would probably play the game again if I could get it for the PC!

So, what software did you love?

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
uhm - you *can* get it for the pc!
There are sites out there that have those older games for free. (some work with manufs to make sure they don't mind.. i mean these *are* older games).

Questron was also one of my favorites!
lessee if I can find one of those sites (the bookmarks are on another system, too lazy to get up)

hmm - here's a linkt o Q2: http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=871

My favorite 2 DOS based game that we spend tireless hours playing were:
Gapper and Xonix

Wow, the hours me and my buddies spent!!!!!!

Michael

Starl said:
uhm - you *can* get it for the pc!

Very interesting! I'll have to look into this when I get home. All game related sites are blocked at work.

Speedball 2 by the Bitmap Brothers (legends) for the Amiga 500!!! If you had 2 players who were really good you could have some quality matches.

I did get this for my Nokia once but it was impossible to play with the keypad. I think they're planning on re-releasing it for the PC but doubt it will quite the same, probably because I'm more than twice as old now!!!

Another honoroble mention would be for Alien Breed II for the Amiga 1200. Was still playing that well into my Uni years and after until my poor computer got Diamond White spilled over it and died.

Dom

Hi,

This thread appeals for some nostalgy :-)

"Mine Storm" (Vectrex?) was my favorite game when I was a child. Could this be available somewhere to play it on PC?
Found something to download, also emulationsoftware, but didn't work on my system. (windows 98 SE)

kind regards,
Erik

Did anyone else play impossible mission (commodore)?

Can you get it to play on your computer using daniel's link?

If you get it to work please give the directions... I would LOVE to play that game again. I tried tonite, but it just isn't working :x

I used to love the Zork and Zork-like games on the Apple IIe. They came out with a Windows version later but it wasn't the same. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRSHAD07

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back