Screen Refresh Problem

cologeek

Hello,

I have a large workbook with about 20 worksheets that I have used for several years without problems. Recently, I have been getting strange behavior when the screen refreshes. The biggest problem is that I get images of other worksheets covering my current worksheet when I change a cell. I can make them go away by scrolling or flipping between another worksheet and back. I have tried using manual recalc and this has helped somewhat but I can still get the images sometimes. The workbook contains VBA that performs various tasks on every worksheet (unlock, update pivots...) but these have been in there forever. There is also one piece of code that performs advanced filtering. I can only think there was something changed with a security patch, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and might be able to provide some advice on how to prevent it.

Thank you in advance for your expertise!

Hi,

New to the forum but am replying to this thread as its the only one I can see that relates to the problem im having. I'm using the Excel 2013 but exactly as described above, i get the ghost image that disappears after scrolling or changing tab. Can't seem to get it to go. It occurs when i run a macro that hides or un-hides a large amount of tabs. Other macro's that protect the same tabs dont cause this to happen. Have tried with/ without screen updating and turning calculations to manual.

Currently I just use .visible = false for all tabs to hide.

Would be graet to get this sorted!

Thanks for any help

RR

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I have these same problems as well. I have a sheet that we have been using (and updating) for over 10 years. This problem developed about a year ago. We use the ActiveX buttons, and there is plenty of macro with screenupdating flags being set, but we don't use any code to protect sheets. I'll post a screen shot below. The yellow highlighted piece is a ghost from another page.

I'll try one of the last suggestions, but would really like to know if there is a permanent fix for this issue, not just a workaround.

21488a701c5d0161c54a5f435b5acb09.jpg

Hi,

New to the forum but am replying to this thread as its the only one I can see that relates to the problem im having. I'm using the Excel 2013 but exactly as described above, i get the ghost image that disappears after scrolling or changing tab. Can't seem to get it to go. It occurs when i run a macro that hides or un-hides a large amount of tabs. Other macro's that protect the same tabs dont cause this to happen. Have tried with/ without screen updating and turning calculations to manual.

Currently I just use .visible = false for all tabs to hide.

Would be graet to get this sorted!

Thanks for any help

RR

Upvote 0
2023 and the issue still exists - Microsoft added a ScreenRefresh method in Excel 2003 but it is no longer available. It seems that they don't have an answer which makes what you do look clunky and disjointed. Very very sad for a company that claims to be good.

Upvote 0
Still an issue for me in 2023 using desktop version of excel 365. Could this be related to amount of ram in the computer?
1689182142853.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back