Frozen screen

zelarra

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'll tell you. I have the Excel that I attached, in which if I try to enter a value in any cell, it freezes and I have to close it.

I thought it could be because I used OFFSET, but I used tables to avoid that problem, but it didn't solve it, so I don't know what could be happening.

I have detected that when changing data the screen freezes, and what you see in this capture happens to me. I am in the cell marked in red with yellow lines, I try to enter a value in that box and a grey box appears below (marked in red). If I accept with enter, it fills down the value that I have entered in that yellow-veined box but without moving from it.

Also, for some time now I have been having a "problem" when working with Excel: sometimes, and without knowing why, the selection of cells that you activate with F8 gets stuck or "on". No matter how many times I try to deactivate it by pressing F8 again, when I move between cells with the arrow keys, it keeps selecting the cells, so the only solution I have left is to close and reopen Excel.

This happens to me in books without macros (xlsx) as well as with macros (xlsm).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 21
What laptop do you have? Mine is 15.6 inches and I can see it perfectly.

Well, please, someone who would be willing to give me a clue as to what it could be.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Fix it:

VBA Code:
Function Matriz() As Variant

Application.Volatile

Matriz = Hoja2.Range("J1", "Q" & Hoja2.Range("S1"))

End Function

Don't ask me why, but tables and a formula referring to a dynamic range (for example, J1#) cannot be on the same sheet.

Therefore, these dynamic ranges must be moved to a different sheet, and the data displayed through a UDF.

Thanks to all.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back