Quiz anyone?

Hi,

It's been a quiet day here, which is great, so I've had the time to knock together a quiz for all you globe trotting Excellers.

Capital City Quiz.xls

I hope you enjoy this picture free quiz, I'm sure you can find the answers to help you with the spellings, if required of course :)

Good luck and no using the internet to get the answers, you can ask the kids though :rofl:

Ak

This file is VBA free.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I'm not ashamed that I got 57 cities rights first time, 71 after I checked the spelling :)

Hi yytsunamiyy,

Thanks for doing the quiz and posting your respectable score, I take it that you managed to find the answers on the sheet and not G**gle. Would I be right in guessing that the majority of the cities you got correct were European/Western/Asian and not African? Africa and the smaller nations seem to be the most difficult ones for most people to get.

Did you find it user friendly, any tips?

Thanks

Ak

I got 59 cities right. I think 71 is a very good score! I struggled with E Europe and S America. I was surprisingly OK with Africa, although perhaps I should have some advantage seeing I am from S Africa. :rolleyes:

So? When are you releasing the Excel quiz? ;)

So? When are you releasing the Excel quiz?

:rofl: Don't Jon, you'll give me a heartache making me laugh like that.
Excel quiz :rofl: I can only just spell Excel let alone construct a quiz on excel that would challenge the MrExcel greats like yourself. Hey, perhaps that could be the next MrExcel challenge of the month, design an Excel quiz in Excel!!!!!

Africa a home advantage eh, lucky man.
Two that are not commonly know cities that I find easy to remember are...... O u aga dou gou and the capital of Djibouti!!!!!!

Thanks for doing the quiz Jon, 30%+ is very respectable.

Ak

Africa, the former Sovjet republics, Arab countries and the small countries in the south sea all gave me troubles. Shame on me, i didn't even get SA right - sorry Jon. What would be interessting to see how one would fare if it was a multiple choice rather then free-text entry quiz. How could a simple list in XL not be userfriendly to anyone on this here board? :)

Hi yytsunamiyy

How could a simple list in XL not be userfriendly to anyone on this here board?

I like that :laugh:

Former Soviet Republics!!! Astana & Kiev, that's about it for me.

Multiple choice!!!!

That gives me something to think about for the future, not sure how I would format the sheet etc, but a good suggestion anyway, thanks.

Ak

Hi nasubzna,

Welcome to MrExcel and thanks for doing the quiz.

You are the second person to post on here with the dugong problem :)
I know the creature as a Manatee.

As you can appreciate doing a multiple choice answer quiz is difficult to construct, especially when you don't know all the variations on a name.

I hope that you enjoyed doing the quiz and that you take a look at some of the others.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ak

Ak,

You just responded to a spam bot ;-) He copied Jon's answer word for word!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back