Quiz anyone?

Akashwani

Hi,

One of the sad things I do with Excel is make different quizzes. These are popular with work colleagues but I don't get any excel feed back, as in, have you tried this or that, could you do this or that.

So, if you have the time and would like to do a quiz, I would really appreciate some feed back on how I can improve the format etc of these quizzes.

This is a 5 MB file

WildlifeQuiz.xls

This is a small file

MusicPictureQuiz.xls

Thank you and I look forward to your comments and complaints ;)

Ak

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Apart from the fact you have now re-enforced my self doubt as to having any knowledge of anything....thankyou, I thought the pages scrolled a little too fast, perherps you could number the rows on the right...otherwise, good stuff.

Hi,

Thanks for the feed back.
Don't beat yourself up about not doing so well, I created the quizzes and I've never got 100% :rofl:

Perhaps this is more your kind of quiz ;)

Cartoon Quiz.xls

I think that the pages seem to scroll too fast due to the freeze frame being used, and I will try to remember to number the rows in the future.

If you have any suggestions on topics, format etc then please feel free to share them with me.

Good luck with the new quiz.

Ak

These quizzes are code free.

Well I enjoyed it. :) I think perhaps it should be configured to accept multiple answers. I know you already have the common name, precise answer and scientific name, but take for instance the 4th last in the wildlife quiz. I know this create as a dugong, but I have no idea what is expected here. My spelling has also let me down, but I don't suggest you tackle the spelling because that would be very difficult.

In the end I got 42 points. I know some of the scientific names but I just can't spell. Not sure about some of them either. I mean there is a cobra there, but there are so many species of cobra I wouldn't know which to choose. In the end I tried naja naja but it didn't give me any points.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for replying and doing the quiz.

Spelling!!! Tell me about it, that was my greatest concern when doing these quizzes. I could ask 10 people at work to spell something and I would get 10 different answers, so the only answer that counts is MINE :laugh: Otherwise I would have to do an IF/OR that would be tooooooooooooo long for me to bother with.

The creature you refer to is known to me as a Manatee and try $F$5 for the scientific answers ;)

You maybe interested in this.....

Password1

Good luck with any of the others you may try.

Ak

Ah yes, manatee... I forgot about that. The dugong that I was thinking of is a type of manatee.

I get it now with the snakes. Ok, so I cheated, but the cobra you have chosen is the only cobra that doesn't belong to the genus naja. :stickouttounge:

I would have scored much higher if it weren't for the spelling. I'm actually realy chuffed with myself and how many I knew. You've made my day, thanks. :)

That was fun. Thanks. (34 points) Spelling would have only boosted me by a few points. The snake section I blanked, I live in a part of the world that has few snakes, though I should have got the Rattler.

The only thing that I could think about the scrolling is to not size the rows to the pictures. You may have to use VB to size and place the pictures but I think that is the only way to stop the leaps. It seems that Excel(2003) does not like to show a partial row at the top of the display area, hence the jumping or fast scolling. You would only then adjust your formulas to the greater spacing.

Nice work.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feed back, I'm really pleased that you found it fun.
I take your point about row sizing, I now try to not do that.

One concern I have is that everything looks and works fine on my laptop (Excel2007), everything is formatted/sized to look good on my screen, but I obviously don't know how it looks on other people's screens. I try to stay away from VBA as I always get asked at work how to enable macros etc, also some people are rightly suspicious of files from an unknown source with VBA.

I hope that you try some of the other quizzes and find them fun.

Thanks

Ak

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feed back, I'm really pleased that you found it fun.
I take your point about row sizing, I now try to not do that.

One concern I have is that everything looks and works fine on my laptop (Excel2007), everything is formatted/sized to look good on my screen, but I obviously don't know how it looks on other people's screens. I try to stay away from VBA as I always get asked at work how to enable macros etc, also some people are rightly suspicious of files from an unknown source with VBA.

I hope that you try some of the other quizzes and find them fun.

Thanks

Ak

I found the format size to work fine on my screen, no issues.
in terms of my suggestion for VBA I would agree with you in your application, I was thinking to use VB to setup the picture grid and spacing then strip out the VBA for distribution.
However you could still use the ALT-drag method... right VBA is not needed. sigh. It is still early morning here. LOL

Again fun quiz, if you don't mind I may fire this to some folks in my group.
Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Feel free to share the quiz, the more people that get disappointed with their knowledge and spelling level the better :rofl:

I find that in a work/office environment it gets people talking/arguing over what the answer is to question x, y or z, which is fun ;)

Ak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall813

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back