Problem with Excel Q's Forum

Maybe try contacting smozgur -- he knows more about the inner workings here than anyone I can think of.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on this.

I was waiting for my Co. IT guy to give me a copy of Ad-Ware Pro. I figured I should run something more then a basic copy.

I did a "Smart system scan" ~ nothing came up.
Then I did a "Full system scan" ~ 32 Negligible objects came up.

Scan summary list them as "MRU List" which poses no threat.

Deleted all cookies again, deleted Mrexcell.com as home page, History is empty, shut down PC, restarted, log on to mrexcell.com manually ~ still have the same problem.

Nate, I did not follow through with Jon's latest suggestion yet, because I did not want to insult you since you have spent some time on this and maybe was just waiting to see the outcome of runnining Ad-Ware.

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks for both of you folks time on this.
h.h.

Thought I might want to mention that when I am on the "current date" page one, there are half a dozen (or more) other Users Browsing this Forum:

But when I click on page 2 and end up on the Jun 24 date as page 1, I am the only one "browsing." ~ don't know if that tid-bit helps?

h.h.

Just a little advice, am I dealing with a hacker or not.

I received a PM from a user identifing herself as
Tracy Syrstad
Project Manager
MrExcel.com
user name: starl

she offerered to help me on this problem by
if you'd like, we can do a desktop sharing session and check out your settings - browser and firewall. Else, there's not much more we can do.
She had me download a program from www.gotomeeting.com/join
and said that she would e-mail me the ID number to log onto the meeting.

After the download, I sent her an e-mail stating that I was ready for the ID number. After about 10 minutes she replies with:
i am SO sorry - but something just came up and I have to leave now...

After sleeping on it, I'm just wandering if I'm dealing with a hacker.

I figure you guys know who is who on this board and would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
h.h.

• Edited by Nate: Removed Tracy's phone & fax number. :)

Nope, no hacker. That would be Tracy, one of the board's admins--who also works with/for MrExcel (and co-wrote one of the books!) :)

Nate, I did not follow through with Jon's latest suggestion yet, because I did not want to insult you since you have spent some time on this and maybe was just waiting to see the outcome of runnining Ad-Ware.
No worries, ad-ware was just a thought...

And Tracy, as mentioned, is Forum Admin, in addition to Kristy, Bill, Suat and myself. The Forum Admin/Moderator group is listed here, if there's any doubt in the future:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/groupcp.php?g=18675

And, at this point, I'm at a loss, so perhaps Tracy can figure this out...

Bon chance! :)

And, at this point, I'm at a loss, so perhaps Tracy can figure this out...

Yeah--unlike me and Nate, the rest of the admins have access to the inner-workings of the board and can check things out on that end :)

Thanks for the input guys.

Tracy and I will probably be doing something about this tomorrow. She has other commitments today.

At least I know that I am in good hands now. (and I don't mean Allstate :x :LOL: )

h.h.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back