Playing Time Calculation

Falcane

Hi everyone - long time lurker, had an old account from years ago but lost name/password and it was tied to my old work email, so apologies for the new account...

I coach a couple elite soccer teams and I am a big nerd and use a lot of statistics and data to supplement my strategies. I'm trying a different, more automated format this year using exports from my iPad's soccer app, and I consider myself a pretty strong Excel user, but one thing has me stumped.

Below is a table I input data into, and a recent game we played indoors with 7 players a side. Columns A (Event) through E (Player In) are automatically imported, the rest is manual. The columns on the right are positions on the field; the numbers represent certain players and I manually swap player numbers in and out when there's a "Substitution" (player not listed comes on for someone) or "Change Position" (two players on swap positions). More often than not, change position + substitution happen roughly the same time because I'm moving people around based on the substitution.

Here's the important part - can anyone think of a way to count total playing time for individual players based on player number? Some kind of SUMIF, or INDEX with OFFSET, I don't know. I'm completely stumped on this one but I'm confident there's a way I can do this.

Thanks for any help.

LUrIQlR.png

It was a pleasure. I used to play indoors soccer, too. Good luck!

J.Ty.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just4jeffrey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back