Personal Media Player

And now the unbalanced response! :)
1. Don't care
2. Don't care
3. Don't care (do you see where this is going? :biggrin:)
4. I have broadband at home, so see points 1-3.
5. Ever heard of forwarding?
6. Yes, it would be nice to have a better camera built-in but I already have 11MP, 6MP and 5MP cameras, so not that bothered.
7-9. Agreed camera is not great.
10. Yup, a little annoying.
11. Why would I want one?
12. This is an issue, as it is with the iPods. You should also have mentioned battery life which is not that great especially since you will be using the thing a LOT!
13. Never have, so don't care.
14. Don't care. (we're back on track now!)
15. Huh? Not sure I understand - how many SIMs do you have?
16. You can but you have to pay to do so and you only get 30 seconds. Annoying.
17. Not a big surprise that they expect you to pay for songs and movies. I have absolutely no problem with this.

I can't speak to the rest of Europe but in the UK demand far outstrips supply, so I'd say it's been a success. About 12 people came and went as I was buying mine and all of them bought iPhones, apart from one, who wanted one but they had just sold out.

At the end of the day, I have an iMac and several iPods so the iPhone fits neatly into my life. It's also hands-down the easiest phone to live with that I've ever had. As with all things Apple, it doesn't have the best technical specifications and it's not cheap, but what you get is a piece of equipment that's a pleasure to use and is easy to figure out (no instruction manual included tells you a lot!).

Your mileage may vary.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
My post never aimed *YOU* as a TARGET.

I was stunned to see that my post just got you pissed off a bit and here you have all your personal justification like you DON'T CARE !

Rory, people across the globe are not as Rich & Content as you are, atleast not me. I would think atleast twice before spending my money on it !

My post never aimed *YOU* as a TARGET.

I was stunned to see that my post just got you pissed off a bit and here you have all your personal justification like you DON'T CARE !

Rory, people across the globe are not as Rich & Content as you are, atleast not me. I would think atleast twice before spending my money on it !

Apparently you didn't get the point of the smilies in my post - I am not in the least pissed off with what you posted, I was merely replying to it from my perspective, with tongue firmly in cheek (for the most part).

How do you know how rich and content I am? ;)

That is the main objective of including *smilies* in a post. You would never be able to imagine what is cooking (truth) on either of the minds on both ends.

Besides, the terminology you used to clarify my points, that too in order, had a gist of - you, taking my post too personally. If I were to argue on your post, it would have been a heated spat. You were defending yourself in almost every line you wrote above initially. If I were to say "Who cares if *you* dont care ?", that would not sound polite of me. As a result there was no *end* to it. I have a very high caliber to argue but I never intended to do so - on the contrary I ended it peacefully. This is because I have learnt many a good things on this board and my friends here have helped me a lot - to realize the situation and then respond to it after thinking over from all standpoints.

Glad to know that you were not pissed off with my post, I appreciate it. However, I would not really bother about it, the reason being, I have already made my point, posting the drawbacks of an iPhone !

Again, my post was for everyone and I never pointed at you in particular. Believe me, I am telling the truth.

How do you know how rich and content I am?

Well, along the lines you posted above, anyone could figure out that you would be rich enough to afford these luxuries:

At the end of the day, I have an iMac and several iPods so the iPhone fits neatly into my life
Yes, it would be nice to have a better camera built-in but I already have 11MP, 6MP and 5MP cameras, so not that bothered
Not a big surprise that they expect you to pay for songs and movies. I have absolutely no problem with this

Have a great evening, Rory :)

Richard - I've got an Ipod Touch 8GB which is brilliant, Wi-Fi is top notch and watching films on it is no problem:) (Although limited by my capacity - should have got a bigger capacity :rolleyes:)

Hi Mark

Do you have any problems getting films from DVDs you own onto the Touch?

None at all Richard, Ipod touch uses Quick Time which plays pretty much anything and everything, i've loaded a few films onto my ipod for long journeys and the playback is brilliant:)

Helped by a good battery life & USB charging aswell as mains

IMO, 2.5 hours on a train warrants this kind of contraption. I think your wife should be more understanding. I have a seven mile commute on a country road, which I manage in about 9 minutes one way, so I am in no sort of position to defend this kind of purchase. But, 12.5 hours a week, 40-50 hours a month, and around 600 hours a year? That is like 250 movies a year if you were sleeping 100% of the morning commute.

Best of luck to you and tell your wife this purchase will help you occupy some 600 odd hours of wasted time each year.

Hi Long Nose

I reckon if I ply my wife with roses, chocolates and dinner there is a chance I might get away with a purchase without too many bruises ;-)

I am actually thinking very strongly about the Netbook at the moment - that way (with a 10" screen) I can install Excel on it too :-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back