Personal Media Player

On the basis of the iPhone screen (I'm assuming they're the same), the iPod Touch should be great. Though if you're not bothered about WiFi, an iPod classic would probably do you and give better capacity. I'll let you know if the phone is going cheap! :)
PS My brother reckons the Creative Zen players are very good.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Thanks Rory. Form what I understand, Touch and iPhone are basically the same (if you take away the phone bit, of course). I am currently trying to justify to myself the cost of an iPhone contract. Not sure I'll be able to do this. I like the thought of an iPod Touch - WiFi isn't a problem in London so can surf over lunch if required. It would be nice to have internet access whilst I am on the train though...

That's what I use it for - coverage is patchy as you get out towards where I live (as it is with voice calls too) but I get another couple of hours surfing a day! With my contract unlimited data and Cloud Wi-Fi access is included.

£35 a month. For which I get something like 500 minutes and 600 texts (or vice versa) plus the internet stuff. As I was on a terrible £25 a month contract before, it wasn't too much of a hike (plus someone had just nicked my iPod, so I could "justify" buying an iPhone!).

I'm looking at the tariffs over at the O2 shop. Thing is, to surf the internet, i could just buy a USB fob from 3 say, and get an Asus Eee PC. Cheaper and I don't lose a great deal of portability. however, it isn't as cool as the iPhone.

Did you get the 16Gb version or the 8Gb one?

16GB (of course!). The iPhone will also accept push email from an Exchange server if that might be consideration, and the free WiFi is well worth it for me (it's the only way I can get personal email while at work).

Yeah, the personal email thing is a draw for me too (would have that with a Touch too though). Man, I can't believe initially I was looking at an outlay of up to £200 and now I'm considering £800 including an 18month contract!

Maybe I should just go and have a cold shower ;-) Or just tell my wife how much it would cost. I'm sure I'd be too busy seeing stars after that to worry about a phone contract!

I don't know how much WiFi would be with the Touch, but I wish you hadn't posted that aggregate number - I'd been trying to avoid thinking about it like that!! ;)

Sorry to nudge my butt in the discussion but I guess, I should raise a caution to everyone here incase if anyone is planning to buy an Apple iPhone !!

Let me clear one thing though… iphone is the best looking phone (its touch interface is nothing like you have ever seen), & best browsing experience out there no doubt... (& others are fast catching up… check out the android demo at Google IO 2008).... BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO FUNCTIONALITY :-D

There are a few drawbacks so it would be advisable to consider them before you spend your money:

01) No Video Calling
02) No AD2P on the Bluetooth
03) Cannot share any files (MP3, videos, pics) via Bluetooth.
04) Cannot use as a wireless modem (you pay ridiculous data charges to activate internet on your phone, but cannot connect it to your PC and browse when you are at home).
05) No copy & paste - (cannot copy a part of a.... say.... email & send it....have to type it out yourself).
06) No 3.2 or 5 megapixel camera - (the 2MP camera it carries is worst camera U've ever seen... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera).
07) No video recording with Camera.
08) No Front Camera.
09) No Flash.
10) No JAVA Support.
11) No support / device for Physical keyboard
12) No removable battery - (You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple outlet.. Come on now ... this is not an iPod - Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2-3 days).
13) Cannot send MMS.
14) No FM radio.
15) Cannot insert any other SIM card with ease.
16) Cannot use your MP3 files as ringtones (CRAZY !!)
17) Cannot use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste.. next time you go to your friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies, etc... sorry you cannot connect your '16 GB' phone and share it !!)

Apple apparently has a solution… “BUY MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES STORE "... Give me a break, will you ?!

Completely tied to iTunes... Connect to your friend's iTunes & you risk erasing everything on your phone.

Some features may be activated by jailbreak.. But why the hell should you risk losing your warranty after paying so much ?

And want to add third party softwares? YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM FROM iTUNES STORE ONLY!!! (Shell out more money). Apple is a control freak. Don't surrender your freedom to it !

Edit: I want to add that atleast, in India, iPhone is a super flop where I do not know about other countries. I really believe it was a super flop in Europe as well :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back