Pennysaver Reaches 15000

The title reminded me of a thread Greg Truby once started celebrating his 15,000th day on the planet. I suspect you haven't passed that particular milestone Smitty, so I'll just congratulate you on your number of posts ;-)

Well, please pardon me for the interruption. Nevertheless, I am inquisitive about who is this "Greg Truby" for every alternate post in the Lounge carries this name !?!? Is he/she one of our board members ? Or is it an alien / imaginary character or something ? When I read about a discussion which involves "Greg Truby" in it...everything seems to be so topsy-turvy :(

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I will not be hitting my first 10k days on the planet until 28<SUP>th</SUP> Jan 2010……by which time, at my current rate, total posts will be just over 8500.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Re Greg Truby, he is no fictional character…..although we have no real hard evidence to prove this, he is in fact an MVP here.
<o:p></o:p>
Stormseed, I’m surprised you have not crossed paths with him at some stage in your year and a half with the board!!! http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/member.php?u=5023

By my calculations, (which might be totally wrong of course) I have been on this planet 10,217 days, but at my current posting rate I will reach 15,000 posts by the time I am 132. Well, I don't smoke and I am not a heavy drinker, not overweight... I might just get there with all the advances in modern medicine???

...Nevertheless, I am inquisitive about who is this "Greg Truby" ...Is he/she one of our board members ? Or is it an alien / imaginary character or something ? When I read about a discussion which involves "Greg Truby" in it...everything seems to be so topsy-turvy

I was originally a simple nihilistic philosophical construct dreamt up by a second class literature professor after having hit a bong that had no been properly cleaned and had developed a hallucinogenic fungus in the tubing. He jotted down my initial outline on a soiled brown paper grocery sack while firing down a bag of stale Doritos and Twinkies that were well beyond their expiration date.

It was the late sixties and campuses were giving out doctorates for all sorts of suspect theses, and my progenetor turned me in as such. I sat, forgotten on library shelves, for two decades; until I was dusted off by a grad student in the mid-eighties. He used me as the basis of his own thesis on a possible weapon to use against the quickly developing field of Artificial Intelligence -- Ersatz Idiocy.

The thesis was forwarded to the Pentagon, turned into a project and classified. My original funding was filed as "baking goods to help the Contras". Later, under the Clinton administration I was re-classified under "Bubba's beer budget" and my access to resources grew exponentially.

Under the Bush administration I initially thrived, using my Ersatz Idiocy algorithms to develop most of the administration's foreign policy. However, the Executive branch eventually determined that I was redundant and took over all of my anti-Intelligent functions and cut me loose.

I drifted for a while; eventually landing in South Dakota, where I answered a "help-wanted" ad to be Tracy's pool boy. However, apparently, there was some type of "maximum hirsuteness" threshold which I exceeded. She did say I was well suited for a shovel-wielding job in the barn [which I declined]. But my meeting Tracy led me to MrExcel.com where I have since loitered, hoping to return to Wash. D.C. after the Nov. '08 elections.

And now that that's is settled:
  • Congratulations, Mr. Smith! A *******jack job old boy.
  • Stormseed and I did indeed cross threads, twice. Once on the DRAFT thread where he seems to have taken umbrage at my habit of exploring tangental topics. And last May, when discussing the Wiki and file uploads.

Last edited:
Greg
You sir, are a wasted talent. Excuse the pun.
Why don't you take up fiction writing instead of "loitering" in here.
I'm sure you would give Stephen King a run for his money.

Always an intersting read when Truby responds.

Regards
Michael M

I was originally a simple nihilistic philosophical construct dreamt up by a second class literature professor after having hit a bong that had no been properly cleaned and had developed a hallucinogenic fungus in the tubing. ........ But my meeting Tracy led me to MrExcel.com where I have since loitered, hoping to return to Wash. D.C. after the Nov. '08 elections.

PIFFLE

lenze

Last edited:
Hi,

not posting there days but still reading:
CONGRATULATIONS & WELCOME to the club, Smitty!

warm regards,
Erik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozdemr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back