Notebooks....

You can also use Boot Camp to run a full version of Windows on a Mac (assuming it's a new Intel Mac).

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Thanks for your advice, all of you. That gives me some better understanding.

Basically, all I want is a reasonably cheap notebook/ netbook that the girlfriend can use without me having to worry that she's pressed the wrong button on my new mac, or spilt a glass of chardonnay over it.

Honestly, if I hear "Oops. Does that matter?" again!!!!

In which case do you really want to mess with running 2 OS's?

Seems to me just a cheep netbook that will surf the net would do, Linux and Open Office would probably suffice otherwise your just going to leave yourself open to a load more oops moments.

Dom

I love the Onion... brilliant...

"...everything is just a few hundred clicks away... "

:rofl:

Did you watch the Sony one? Rude, but very funny! :biggrin:

Thanks for your advice, all of you. That gives me some better understanding.

Basically, all I want is a reasonably cheap notebook/ netbook that the girlfriend can use without me having to worry that she's pressed the wrong button on my new mac, or spilt a glass of chardonnay over it.

Honestly, if I hear "Oops. Does that matter?" again!!!!

You probably won't hear that again, there's virtually no 'wrong' button on a mac, almost foolproof - iLife09 is a fabulous suite for organising photos and bootcamp lets you run all your windows programmes - however with that comes the need for good antivirus cover which is seldom needed on the mac platform.

Aren't the word "Mac" and the phrase "reasonably cheap notebook" slightly at odds with each other??? :biggrin:

Dom

Aren't the word "Mac" and the phrase "reasonably cheap notebook" slightly at odds with each other??? :biggrin:

Dom

It come down to pay me now or pay me later... Later being the hrs and $$'s spent fixing a Windows box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back