Next US President

Next US president ?

• Obama

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • McCain

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking this morning that the news channels are going to love the next war that kicks off.

The headline will be: OBAMA V OSAMA

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Here in the U.S., whenever the press mentions foreign countries and their take on this election, the U.S. press emphasizes that foreigners the world over see Obama's election as having something of a redemptive effect. And that it restores the view of our as a country where anything is possible.

I'm curious. Is this really how most folks overseas felt? Or is that a bunch of malarkey? Indeed, did the world pay a lot of attention? We're told it did, but our press - while free - ain't always accurate.

It got a fair bit of attention in Oz. Most of the people I talked to are happy to see the change, and looking to a different take on US foreign policy. Because of America's influence, it matters.

And thanks for the comments on the Electoral College system. Regardless of the idea that it's meant to give the smaller States a bigger say, sweeping the big 5 (or 4 out of 5 in Obama's case) got him half-way to the 270. That would have been a long way back for any opponent.

Denis

If your take on foreign policy is a reduction in world presence, I agree. Like our predecessor, I guess you can't keep China British forever.

The new American President, B Obama, is a strong follower of the Father of our Nation and his name is *Mahatma Gandhi*.

Besides, Mr. Obama also is very religious, worshipping an Indian Monkey God, *Hanumanji*. I read it somewhere, he regularly reads *Hanuman Chalisa*.

I am really proud to be an Indian ;) Jai Hind !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back