My unusual collection

the smell test - reminds me of a guy i did my chem with back in the day...

he was a great guy and absolutely brilliant in the mind (compared to my distincly unbrilliant one) but had often had momentry lapses of realisation of the real world.

so for example, in one prac session he had conical flask which he had to swill around for 60 seconds... he is busy swilling and decides that he should check his watch to see if 60 seconds has elapsed... he turns his arm to see his watch... and tips the product on the floor.

another day he managed to get a mouth full of hypochlorite solution whilst drawing a pipette

smells in the classroom are great too! i had a particularly uncoleagial coleague who's class was in the room i used immediately after me. when she annoyed me sufficiently i used to leave unpleasent smells in the sink down the back of the room which would cause consternation amung her students who would disrupt the whole lesson. n-butyric acic, which smells like off cheese, or burnt milk (you get the idea) was a bit of a favourite, but i didnt mind stashing a little lump of FeS in H2SO4 up in a cupboard somewhere... the ultimate 'fart' smell.

ah, the memories come flooding back :biggrin: and who could ever forget when i put the goldfish from the science lab in her coffee cup in staff room, or liquid nitrogen in her lunch box whilst she ducked off to the toilet?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
another day he managed to get a mouth full of hypochlorite solution whilst drawing a pipette

Guilty of this tooo.... though now I don't remember what the liquid was!! hahahaha

Also spilt some sodium hydroxide on my black jeans... haha.. suffice to say I could never wear it again!

As someone who lost a patch of hair to a small chem lab explosion, I find this thread rather disturbing.

Never cork a test tube while it is still reacting.

one should always have a healthy respect for chemicals.. even simple household chemicals can be nasty if used in ways not intended by the manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back