my stupid little database, wont work with different OS

tails

Board Regular
I have made a small database to store error logs from users, you may have heard me speak of this before but now i am having another problem. The default value that i am using for my date and time text boxes is having trouble complying with different OS's, the default value for date is =date() and for time =time(). I made the program on a XP machine and it is having trouble with a 98 machine, I'm just wondering if anyone knows why, it has the same program of access (office 2000) on both machines. so is there a way to fix it. thanks

sorry i meant the microsoft dao 3.51 tab/option. Visual basic isn't installed on those machines though, only mine. Plus there are about 50 + computers running 98 on them is it possible to just change any of the format of my program/database?

I just checked one of the 98 machines and checked it references and it has a missing reference
it has the line as follows
Missing: Microsoft Tablet PC Type Library Version 1.0

Make any sense to anyone???

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Dont worry people i fugured it out, all on my own :biggrin: That makes me feel better so im happy now. But just for reference incase anyone has this problem. When you install Office 2000 on a 98 machine make sure it installs the path under
c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\ink\inkobj.dll
There are probably others it doesn't install but just for a reference there you go. That was the reference for the Microsoft Tablet PC Type Library Version 1.0
so next time you have a problem with references you know or have an idea of what to do
Thanks for everyone thats helped me get to where i got too...

Upvote 0
Create a blank DB. Import the the objects into the new DB. If it is the modules tab, though for the life of I can't see why, importing the objects shoukd give you access to the complete dabase window.

Upvote 0
tails

I run Office 2000 on Windows 98 and don't have that dll anywhere.

Upvote 0
Norie said:
tails

I run Office 2000 on Windows 98 and don't have that dll anywhere.

You dont have that dll. Well just make a check for me, this could be just because we have the installation on a network drive so you dont need the cd. but under that path or it could be a bit different there should be a dll file call inkobj.dll. If its not there and the program is working on your computer then it doesn't really matter. But the date wouldn't automatically come up on the screen when you first opened my program so i had to work it out, and it ended up being because the Microsoft Tablet PC type Library Version 1.0 was missing from the references in the module part of access. So i had to fix it up, and it said the location of that file under it in the references so i just copied it over to the location.

Upvote 0
I definitely don't have it anywhere.

I'm just on a standalone PC.

Are you using something non-standard in your database?

eg a control

Upvote 0
Not to my knowledge, I've got 3 tables about 10+ forms and about 6-7 queries. I'm not using a primary key on any tables. I have a relationship between each table on the employee number line. There's no much else really, some coding behind a few command buttons that do thing like change from form to form and exit the program just simple things like that.

Upvote 0
Och well.

I suppose it doesn't matter - as long as everything is working satisfactorily.

Upvote 0
Thats true but i would like to know if the date and time pops up on your screen as soon as you open it if you put the default value in the date text box as =date()
Does it work for you? If your not sure can you please test it this could become very useful for me if it wasn't the InkObj.dll that was the cause of the problem...

Upvote 0
Tails

Off the top of my head it works doing that.

Do you know what that particular dll does?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyapratama

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back