my stupid little database, wont work with different OS

tails

Board Regular
I have made a small database to store error logs from users, you may have heard me speak of this before but now i am having another problem. The default value that i am using for my date and time text boxes is having trouble complying with different OS's, the default value for date is =date() and for time =time(). I made the program on a XP machine and it is having trouble with a 98 machine, I'm just wondering if anyone knows why, it has the same program of access (office 2000) on both machines. so is there a way to fix it. thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
What problems are you having?

Upvote 0
well i have set up an automatic date and time enterer so that it cannot be changed, or typed in incorrectly. I have made it so that when the form is opened it automatically enters the date for you. but on the 98 machines it wont automatically enter the date for them, so they dont actually get a time and date value enter they just get a #name and thats it. got any ideas?

Upvote 0
You could try using Now() instead of Date or Time.

For your Date box:
=Format(Now(),"mmm dd, yyyy") <or however you like the format>

For your Time box:
=Format(Now(),"hh:mm")

Upvote 0
Thanks, just tryed that, had to make a few slight changes, i just changed it to format(now, "Short Date") and that seemed to work a little better, would show date with that formula for soem reason, but thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Actually can i change that a little, ummm its still not working on the 98 machines, it seems to have a conflict with the different operating systems. I'm using officed 2000 and so are all the 98 machines. so im wondering whats gone wrong. its really strange. it should be picking up the date and time and entering it automatically...

Upvote 0
This may be something to do with references. Make sure that you have a reference set to, I think, Microsoft DAO 3.51 object library. Click on the Modules Tab, click new,click on tools then references. Scroll down till you get the right reference then check the check box.

Upvote 0
Also, check that the 98 machine has the same References set as the XP machine. I had a strange problem of a working db suddenly going caster's up when I had to re-install Office. Seems that one of the references got borked. Re-set the reference, and it was smooth sailing.
HTH (y)
P

Upvote 0
That tab is not available on the 98 machines... is there any other way to do this? thanks

Upvote 0
What tab isn't available? The Modules tab?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyapratama

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back