MrExcel MVP?

'Option Explicate

Sub offtopic() ...
-e.v.g

Erik -- was that a true stroke of genius? :biggrin: 'Option Explicate... "explicate" having a definition of "to develop the implications of: analyze logically". In otherwords your subroutine is meant to be a logical analysis of my skills at diverting threads into new courses? Or was "explicate" just a serendipitous typographical error?

that would be a long typo :eek:
how many times did we typo option explicit ?
(before discovering that you can put that by changing your options)
it just takes 2 seconds
and da ya know how far the "i" is from the "a" on my keyboard ?
a z e r t y u i

The words I'm using may be wrong, but typos ? :unsure: :wink:

"serpentipitous" is not in my dictionnary, sorry :(

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
"Serpentipitous" isn't in my dictionary either :biggrin: "Serpentine" yes, but "serpentipitous", no. "Serendipitous" comes from "serendipity". In addition to being the title of a passable romantic comedy starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, "serendipity" basically means to be have had a bit of good luck at something.

couldn't get enough today
Code:
'Option Explicit

Sub greg_is()
q = "quot p tnepreq uo yod la pxey tq l garf layrepuq"
    With Application
    For i = 5 To 0 Step -1
    greg = greg & truby & .Substitute(.Substitute(.Substitute(StrReverse(Mid(q, i * 8 + 1, 8)), "q", "s"), "y", "c"), " ", "i")
    Next i
    End With
MsgBox IIf(Right(greg, truby) = "s", gregtruby, Right(greg, Len(greg))), 48, Right(greg, 14)
End Sub

So Erik, I think that might be a longer word than Floccipaucinhilipilification, which as everyone knows means "The act or habit of describing or regarding something as worthless". But I haven't been able to find a reference to supercalifragilisticexpialidociousipity, even at the Phrontistery. Check it out, they have all sorts of really rare words there... though not serendipity: probably too common.

By the way Greg, since the John Cusack movie bears a striking resemblance to the relationship my wife and I have had over the last 20 years or so, I tend to think the movie was a little bit more than "Passable".

Paul,

I've been a John Cusack fan since One Crazy Summer. So, personally, I rather enjoyed the film. Trying to be objective about it; it's not going to make the AFI's list of 100 greatest films or anything. Though, in truth, just the concept of an average-looking schmoe like Cusack having to pick between Kate Beckinsale and Bridget Moynahan - the very idea of vicariously living such an experience through film - is enough to score some points with a lot of guys...Bridget..no..Kate..no..Bridget..no..

I've never managed to see the entire film (The Grifters) only bits and pieces surfing into it on cable every couple of years. One of my faves is Grosse Pointe Blank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back