MrExcel #1 on Top 10 List...

Cool! I just posted it on twitter too! :-)

Thank you for the tweet!

Everyone, if you like it, please digg it here:

http://digg.com/d1qOtq

...it's my first blog post with oDesk...I want them to ask me to do it again!

I'd actually like to do a follow-up top 10 now that everyone has shown me so many sites I've never seen before...

I didn't realize that there were so many Excel-related blogs out there...

-Henry

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
My pleasure. :)

I got a response from Jon Peltier - disappointed he was only 5th! Muahaha.

My pleasure. :)

I got a response from Jon Peltier - disappointed he was only 5th! Muahaha.
Well he would be #1 all-time for me with charts, but I don't use charts as often anymore. Tell him sorry he was lower on my list for me. :) But then again who am I compared to him.

Thank you Barry, my view is that it is need of a refresh. If only I had more days ...
I've especially like referring folk your site for an explanation of SUMPRODUCT. But...I occassionally can't access it because it says you've exceeded your bandwidth.

Last edited:
I use to like ozgrid and still do like their archived posts

Dave's avowed intent was to have a very searchable archive, perhaps that paid off to some extent.....

What I didn't like was that I went back there recently, looking for an old post of mine to refresh my memory. I found the thread but noticed that several posts had been removed so that it mostly made no sense. If I recall correctly, one post that was removed was mine, and it contained a link to MrExcel. I assumed that this had been "purged".

Also, Expert-Exchange seems really nice, but have never registered to actually see if it is worth it and not sure if I can post enough, so that it would be free for me, because why pay when I have mrexcel here and all of its resources, but maybe I am missing something about the site.

You only need to get 3000 points a month to keep it free. It's possible to get that by answering 2 questions so it's not particularly onerous. I like it for the new perspectives you get from some of the experts but there's a lot less traffic in the Excel zone than here, I think. In my opinion MrExcel is still the best for Excel

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Barry. I have enjoyed that this thread was started because there are a few sites that I was not aware of.

You only need to get 3000 points a month to keep it free. It's possible to get that by answering 2 questions so it's not particularly onerous. I like it for the new perspectives you get from some of the experts but there's a lot less traffic in the Excel zone than here, I think. In my opinion MrExcel is still the best for Excel

Yeah free for people who answer, but how do you get 3000 in the first place? You have to pay to get started. And what is the point of the points, you accumulate thousands for what? I remember answering a question there once and the OP never came back and gave the points to anyone who answered, so an admin allocated them evenly between me and some other guy. The other guy responded that he felt he should get them as his answer was the 'right' answer. Bloody pathetic.

But anyway, I abhor Experts Exchange. Anywhere that charges for helping on Excel and giving advice is an absolute disgrace. All of these people came out of the womb as Excel savvy did they? No, they learnt whatever they know by climbing on the shoulders of real Excel giants. I have no desire to stuff the pockets of _______ and ___________.

Edited by Nate Oliver: This is neither the time nor place - we're not doing names to 3rd party sites, please, and these are Microsoft MVPs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back