Kudos to VoG II

Stormseed

Banned
Kudos to Vog II !!!

Recently my PC got infected with Trojans. I use a strong AntiVirus Package from F-Secure (Very strong & robust against viruses) but relatively it is not so effective against these internet Spyware and Malware. So I had to download and use SpyBot Search & Destroy. However, Spybot does not offer protective measures for all spyware and malwares. So I had to download "Spyware Doctor" from the internet. After a system scan it found around 185 infections in my computer. When I clicked on the button to FIX the detections, there we go -

" Please register because this product is free to detect Spywares but you need to pay for removing these Spywares !! " These people are losers in my view. They should be penalized very heavily for advertising false information.

A little while later, I followed this link what VoG II adviced in this thread:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331363

I downloaded this software. It is free for HOME use and it is indeed FREE ! No false advertisements. The only negative point here is that this software will not provide you with the real time protection (protecting your PC while you are online and connected to the internet) for your PC.

I updated the software from the internet, performed a full system scan and voila !!! It detected most of the Spywares and removed them after a quarantine. My PC is again clean and free from these Spywares just because of this cool software which VoG II suggested :)

Thank you again, sir. I am obliged :bow:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I dislike any system that claims it finds XXX infections but then says you have to pay to clear them out. Makes one wonder how many of these supposed infections are genuine...

A good point there, Mr. Richard :)

Ofcourse, we are not sure of how many infections are genuine, nevertheless, the really free ones like SuperAntiSpyware and Spy Bot do detect genuine infections and lend a great help. As for these like "Spyware Doctor", I agree with your statement !!

Incase a system is infected with these Spywares, you would personally experience the nasty behavior of the browsers or applications installed on your computer. Some of these Sywares are so dangerous that they hijack the browser itself. My PC was infected with these Spywares called AntiSpyCheck, Zlob Downloader, WhenU, Trojan Downloader.small, etc. and a few more which were removed successfully by SuperAntiSpyware. It is very much necessary to install and download the updates which SuperAntiSpyware provides to successfully remove these Spywares from your computer.

To everyone: I have read this somewhere on Microsoft website (I do not remember the location) - If you are connected to the internet for more than 2 hours, there is a very high possibility that your computer would get infected with a few Spywares without your (anti-virus software) knowledge. These include harmless as well as harmful infections. The chances are more for boradband connections.

It is better to perform a full system scan everytime you logoff the internet with latest and up-to-date definitions.

Thanks again for these wonderful links, VoG II !!!

I am @ office now but checking out these links would be the first thing I am gonna do when I go home and sit in front of my computer :beerchug:

I don't know where you downloaded Spyware Doctor from, but the PCTools website does specifically point out the limitations of the trial version:
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Trial Limitations:</TD><TD vAlign=top>The trial offers time unlimited real-time protection (free spyware blocking), but does not remove threats detected during on-demand scans, updates may also differ to those supplied to registered users.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
It is intended as a paid-for product (it's also very good).
I recently read an article that suggested that the virus threat is not necessarily as alarming as certain people would have you believe and that if you use a decent browser then, depending on your surfing habits (unless you click on links without paying too much attention for example), the risk of malware infections is not that great. Personally, whilst I think that may be true, I would never use a machine on the internet without a good firewall, AV and usually at least 2 anti-spyware/malware apps. Call me paranoid... :)

would never use a machine on the internet without a good firewall, AV and usually at least 2 anti-spyware/malware apps

Assume, that you are in a very bad need for gaining access to the internet ASAP. What if the machine is located at a cybercafe and you have no option other than to use that PC in the cybercafe which does not include any of these app mentioned above in your post ? :lol:

What will you do then ? I am inquisitive now :biggrin:

Use my phone! ;) (Admittedly it doesn't have those apps, but it also doesn't need them!)

There is an exception to every rule! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back