Íþrótt Lið?

I was only kidding about the iPhone thing - I know people that have/use them, but I really don't fancy having one, or a mobile.

Like I sort of said I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this sort of thing.

My brother offered to give me a watch the other month but I refused - I've not worn a watch for at least 15 years.

There are plenty of clocks out there.:)

Jeez, am I rambling or what - I'll put that down to the late time it is and watching a wildlife documentary with starfish eating a seal.

And now it's jellyfish - I'm never going in the water again.:eek:
oh my bad :oops:..ya i dont wear a watch either they are pointless just one more thing to lose or break...a starfish eating a seal? WOW! i didnt think that was possible!..i dont like the ocean there is SHARKS!... :nervous:!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Snowblizz,
Ya i think Google translate isn't very good because i went English to Icelandic and back Icelandic to English and it didn't recognize the Icelandic...so actually idk even know if what it says in Icelandic is what it translates in English..i want to learn this language because one day i hope to move to Iceland. Such a beautiful place.
I've been told that has something to do with the process used to translate. Google runs through lots of texts that are the same in either language. I'm betting that <300k Icelanders(?) don't produce enough text for good translations. I heard from the Finnish Google CEO that apparently the EU is a goldmine for this. Most documents translated into some 20 languages. Well, Iceland is wanting to join so maybe Googel translate will get better at Icelandic in the future.
And move to Iceland? You know it isn't entirely misnamed. Not exactly a very riveting place I must say. Though I was 15 at the time on class trip so... still wouldn't want to live there.

The Bangles? Weren't they a girl group from the eighties that walked like Egyptians?
Oooh... the Bangles rock! Or should that be pop! ? :rolleyes: Ahh... nostalgia, reminds me of my childhood.

I was only kidding about the iPhone thing - I know people that have/use them, but I really don't fancy having one, or a mobile.

Like I sort of said I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this sort of thing.

My brother offered to give me a watch the other month but I refused - I've not worn a watch for at least 15 years.

There are plenty of clocks out there.
I couldn't live with out my mobile phone. Phone, not "device" like those newfangled things that'll probably form a Skynet any day now.:eeek:

We all have our peeves. Mine are "social networking sites" can't stand 'em or the hype surrounding them.

You are right Norie, why use a watch when a honest timegalss works or you can just stick something into the ground and check the shadow.:rolleyes::biggrin:

And I've found that clocks have been rapidly disappearing from the cityscape these past years. Of course I haven't used a watch since I got my mobile phone a decade ago.

That said I haven't met anyone in years that didn't own a mobile phone. Even my granny has been wavering. She just doesn't think she could learn to use one.

Last edited:
I've been told that has something to do with the process used to translate. Google runs through lots of texts that are the same in either language. I'm betting that <300k Icelanders(?) don't produce enough text for good translations. I heard from the Finnish Google CEO that apparently the EU is a goldmine for this. Most documents translated into some 20 languages. Well, Iceland is wanting to join so maybe Googel translate will get better at Icelandic in the future.
And move to Iceland? You know it isn't entirely misnamed. Not exactly a very riveting place I must say. Though I was 15 at the time on class trip so... still wouldn't want to live there.
ya, i don't really use translator on the internet..as most aren't right..Ive seen pictures of Iceland and my cousin..went to Iceland and said it was beautiful there...so maybe all just go and check it out ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back