Íþrótt Lið?

The Bangles? Weren't they a girl group from the eighties that walked like Egyptians?:)

Did they split up and then reform as an American football team?:eek:

i haven't heard of the bangles band from the 80's..haha i though you were refering to the Bangles football team..my bad mix up! :(

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Schielrn,

What does your post (#6) say is it translated in post (#8)?

Thanks!
Here is the link to translate morse code:

http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

It translated to:

THE BRONCOS HAVE A TOUGH GAME AGAINST INDIANAPOLIS THIS WEEK. I HOPE THEY CAN PULL IT OUT. I AM STILL SHOCKED THOUGH AT THE WAY THEY BEAT THE BENGALS.
There is also a braille translator, but I cannot access it at my work because it is using java applets.

schielrn,

i hope they can to the colts are (12-0)!!...ya me too!

Thanks!

How can you watch the games?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I used to be able to watch American football and baseball on a little known TV channel called Five but they don't seem to show it now.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt" id=_x0000_i1025 alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif" src="file:///C:/Users/Norie/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
I think they still show some football, but it's sporadic and I've given up trying to find it.<o:p></o:p>
I don't even know what stage the season is at.<o:p></o:p>

As for baseball I didn't even realise the World Series was happening until I picked up a paper the day after the Yankees won it.:)

How can you watch the games?<o:p></o:p>
I used to be able to watch American football and baseball on a little known TV channel called Five but they don't seem to show it now.<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="width: 12pt; height: 15.75pt;" id="_x0000_i1025" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif" src="file:///C:/Users/Norie/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
I think they still show some football, but it's sporadic and I've given up trying to find it.<o:p></o:p>
I don't even know what stage the season is at.<o:p></o:p>

As for baseball I didn't even realise the World Series was happening until I picked up a paper the day after the Yankees won it.:)

i dont know if this is directed towards me or not :confused: but anyway..i live in North America...we have a whole channel dedicated to football and a channel for baseball that's all it shows 24/7!...most of the time with no commercials..but those channels are expensive...some up to $400 (USD) a month!!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nope, it wasn't directed to anybody in particular - just wondered how you can watch sports in general.

Over here, not in Yaren - though you've probably guessed that and that I'm not really a puffin - it's a nightmare watching sport on the TV.

They put on matches at strange times like 12:30PM, and unless you have cable/satellite then you need to find a pub showing them.

Which is not a good idea IMHO, allegedly they do this to stop trouble - it doesn't work.

People just go to the pub earlier and end up drunk earlier.:)

It's a lot of fun driving about 3:00PM through the town and having to slow down all the time to avoid people dancing/lying in the streets.:)

I stick to the radio.

Nope, it wasn't directed to anybody in particular - just wondered how you can watch sports in general.

Over here, not in Yaren - though you've probably guessed that and that I'm not really a puffin - it's a nightmare watching sport on the TV.

They put on matches at strange times like 12:30PM, and unless you have cable/satellite then you need to find a pub showing them.

Which is not a good idea IMHO, allegedly they do this to stop trouble - it doesn't work.

People just go to the pub earlier and end up drunk earlier.:)

It's a lot of fun driving about 3:00PM through the town and having to slow down all the time to avoid people dancing/lying in the streets.:)

I stick to the radio.

ya over here its always "2am" that's when are bars close...there is usually not a dull moment of police activity due to drunk people...other than sport its on almost every channel...i love my iphone! it has the radio and can do anything you can think of!.

Thanks!

What's an iPhone?

I've got 4 phones all land-line in different rooms but I don't have one of those.

My brother had one of these new-fangled mobile phones, but it didn't work quite right.

So he got a new land-line, but that doesn't quite work right either.:eek:

I've just realised it's close to Christmas, so who knows, somebody might give me a gift to replace all this luddite stuff.:)

They might want to put a spellchecker/grammarchecker in the stocking as well.:rolleyes:

Norie,

An iphone is a high-tech cell phone (link below to picture) this one cost about $100 (USD)...its getting rare to fiind a house with a land line..most everyone uses cell phone..only business have land lines...this is the exact phone i have but mine is white (where the black is) when the phone was new 1 1/2 ago i payed nearly $500 (USD)..not sure of your current location but i think the iphone will (or is) be (ing) sold worldwide.

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/326815/7365032/0/1233462834/Hiphone_3G_16GB.jpg

Thanks!

I was only kidding about the iPhone thing - I know people that have/use them, but I really don't fancy having one, or a mobile.

Like I sort of said I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to this sort of thing.

My brother offered to give me a watch the other month but I refused - I've not worn a watch for at least 15 years.

There are plenty of clocks out there.:)

Jeez, am I rambling or what - I'll put that down to the late time it is and watching a wildlife documentary with starfish eating a seal.

And now it's jellyfish - I'm never going in the water again.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back