Is it a Countif I need

North for Short

Board Regular
1717748346511.png

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I read through your post here a few times (Is it a Countif I need), and to be honest, I am not entirely clear what your exact question is. Is what you are showing on the right with your formula and conditional formats what you currently have, or is that what you are trying to get, and you haven't gotten that yet?

If that is what you currently have, but are looking to add to it, can you show us exactly what you want your expected output to look like (with an explanation of what exactly you need added and where)?

Upvote 0
I read through your post here a few times (Is it a Countif I need), and to be honest, I am not entirely clear what your exact question is. Is what you are showing on the right with your formula and conditional formats what you currently have, or is that what you are trying to get, and you haven't gotten that yet?

If that is what you currently have, but are looking to add to it, can you show us exactly what you want your expected output to look like (with an explanation of what exactly you need added and where)?
Hi Joe,
It is difficult to explain without uploading the spread sheet in the first place. You have 4 people on a parcel duty and a reserve. The duty is shown on the roster (left hand side) as covered from monday to Saturday however Vicky snow covering the duties is not shown in the count (the right hand side). The count works as I am counting the John Smiths in the cells of that particular row. As I am in the duty building business, I need to know what duties are needed to be covered. When a duty is not covered, it shows on the conditional formatting as a red cell. a White cell (blank looking) means that the Can it be done. I can send you the original file if you want. As it is a works PC, I can't do it from this source but I can do it from home if necessary.

Upvote 0
Right, but what I cannot tell from your description is:
- are you saying that you already have the Conditional Formatting that shows the red cell, or are you saying that it what you WANT to do and need help doing it?

What is confusing from your description and screen prints is understanding what part you have already done and what part you still need help on.

Can you list, in no uncertain terms, exactly which part you still need help on?

Upvote 0
Right, but what I cannot tell from your description is:
- are you saying that you already have the Conditional Formatting that shows the red cell, or are you saying that it what you WANT to do and need help doing it?

What is confusing from your description and screen prints is understanding what part you have already done and what part you still need help on.

Can you list, in no uncertain terms, exactly which part you still need help on?
On the right hand side, I have a Countif function which counts the name in the column (for instance John Smith). If you take away the conditional formatting you would see a one however what I need is a function that not only counts John smith but Vicky snow (who is covering the duty on the Tuesday). Then all blank cells would then be uncovered duties. Is that any clearer?

Upvote 0
Where exactly do you want these counts to go?
Can you show me an image/picture of what you WANT the expected output to look like?

It might be best to show two images:
- the first is JUST what you currently have done so far
- the second is what you want the final output to look like

I think that would go a long way in showing us exactly what still needs to be done, and exactly how you want it to look when done.

Upvote 0
You can't upload files to Mr Excel directly regardless of your starting point. YOu need to put in a share drive like dropbox or use your OneDrive (I know you may not have OneDrive w a Mac) and then share the link in a post in the thread.

Upvote 0
You can't upload files to Mr Excel directly regardless of your starting point. YOu need to put in a share drive like dropbox or use your OneDrive (I know you may not have OneDrive w a Mac) and then share the link in a post in the thread.
thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back