Intelligence Quotient !?!!? (Fun Questions)

I beg to differ! I believe that it has to do with the temperature scales each uses (US - Fahrenheit, Canada - Celsius).

Besides, there are two things to consider:
1. A block of ice won't melt instantly;
2. Contrary to what many people may believe, most of the populated parts of Canada are above freezing temperatures for most of the year!

You are right. I have stumbled into the trap of overthinking the Country's significance. The answer should be the same regardless of where the test takes place. My bad.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Yeah, I screwed up too. Read the question too fast.

I was surprised that no one else said it before me, now I know why!

What is the maximum number of sides of a cube you can see at any one time, without using reflection or other aids and that the sides of the cube can not be seen through?

Generally, I would say 3. However:

If the cube is small enough (smaller than the distance between your 2 eyes), you could see 4.

If you were INSIDE the cube, you could see all 6 sides.

Stand in a corner of any square room, Facing the opposite Corner. look straight ahead

Can you see all 4 walls, floor and celing?

We do have the ability to see sideways (peripheral vision).

Last edited:
Code:
8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first? 

Same question, but the location is in Canada ?

After reading this again, cuz this seems to be the tricky question... It doesn't say anything about the 2nd bucket having water in it...If that's the case, the ball would hit the bottom of the 2nd bucket first, because the water wouldn't slow it down...
Not sure this is correct, but it's another idea.

Matt

After reading this again, cuz this seems to be the tricky question... It doesn't say anything about the 2nd bucket having water in it...If that's the case, the ball would hit the bottom of the 2nd bucket first, because the water wouldn't slow it down...
Not sure this is correct, but it's another idea.

Now that is a good observation.... The 2nd bucket didn't specify that it was full of water...

What is the Minimum # of US coins (and what combination therof) you need to carry in order to give exact change in any amount. Counting just coin change, 99 Cents or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back