Increase in Spam

just a follow up on the spam thing. i know its old news now, but i just updated my newsreader and thought this was worthy of sharing.

in alt.binaries.cd.genealogy.reposts this morning there where 290,000 spam posts after 2 days.

imagine how much faster the net would be without spam and ads... OMG

Also, not really about spam, but my gmail account was accessed from China last night. I did a bit of searching the Google help and it appears that a lot of people have been accessed from China over the last week or so. Just an FYI.

Also Smitty, your idea of ""make money from home" intrigues me and I'd like to subscribe to you newsletter...

I did a bit of searching the Google help and it appears that a lot of people have been accessed from China over the last week or so. Just an FYI.

yeah, I had my gmail hacked from somewhere in China about a month ago. A change of password put a stop to it.
One of the features I like about gmail is at the bottom right of the inbox page is a "Last account activity" link, so you can see which IP adresses have connected to your gmail account recently.

Last edited:
yeah, I had my gmail hacked from somewhere in China about a month ago. A change of password put a stop to it.
One of the features I like about gmail is at the bottom right of the inbox page is a "Last account activity" link, so you can see which IP adresses have connected to your gmail account recently.

I did the same. It would be nice if there was a "block access from..." option. I'm pretty confident that I won't be going to China anytime soon...

My junk mail GMAIL account got hacked a while back and I still haven't been able to get into it. So much stuff was changed in it that I couldn't prove to Google that it was even my account, so I gave up.

I had mine hacked a few months back. They even flagged it as "suspicious activity" (being from China), but didn't attempt to stop it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back