I'm an Excel Guru..... now what?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Thanks Rob
I'm in Country NSW, so it could be on at 3 in the morning !!!!!
But I'll check the guide

It is a great show ... I wasn't too keen when it started but I think it's got better and better...

Personally, I find it pathetically unfunny. It just runs the standard plot, a few socially challenged (but of course, the true savvies in reality!) weirdies, a typically incompetent management, and a lot of sterotypical situations. Nothing very clever there. Reminds me of that rubbishy US 'comedy' with a bunch of geeks, cannot remember the name but the lad who went out with Darlene in Roseanne is in it; that is equally unfunny.

Reminds me of that rubbishy US 'comedy' with a bunch of geeks, cannot remember the name but the lad who went out with Darlene in Roseanne is in it; that is equally unfunny.

Bob, you're referring to the "The Big Bang Theory" ... I'm surprised you don't like that I'd have had you done as a cross between Sheldon & Wolowitz... just kidding !!

You'll be no doubt glad to know a new series of TBBT starts tomorrow night on E4... I'm sure you'll be setting your reminder accordingly ;)

(and yes - I like that too - I even have the box set!)

Snap. I think some of Sheldon's one-liners are excellent.

Bob, you're referring to the "The Big Bang Theory" ... I'm surprised you don't like that I'd have had you done as a cross between Sheldon & Wolowitz... just kidding !!

You'll be no doubt glad to know a new series of TBBT starts tomorrow night on E4... I'm sure you'll be setting your reminder accordingly ;)

(and yes - I like that too - I even have the box set!)

That's the one. I am afraid I am not familiar enough with the show to know which one is Sheldon or Wolowitz, or what they are like, so the reference passes over me :(.

Now if only I could get a nerd somewhere to show me how to program the recorder I would be able to watch it at my leisure ... oh well!

Now, The Beiderbecke Trilogy is beautifully funny IMO, understated, warm, and using a jazz and football motif throughout. James Bolam, Baraba Flynn and Dudley Sutton are superb in it.

Snap. I think some of Sheldon's one-liners are excellent.

I agree!

TBBT is one of the most funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

Unfortunately(?) I haven't seen much of the British comedies mentioned in the earlier posts [am familiar with Yes Minister/Prime Minister, Mind Your Language, Coupling and a few more]...

That's the one. I am afraid I am not familiar enough with the show to know which one is Sheldon or Wolowitz, or what they are like, so the reference passes over me :(.
Sheldon is the hyper-intelligent, anal-about-everything, know-it-all-that-has-to-be-correct-because-he-always-is. He's so "socially inept" he might as well not be human. He once argued that he was in fact the next step in human evolution. His lines are epic.

Wolowitz is the "womenizier" of the nerds, now he's not exactly getting anything, but he sure does try hard. Never does understand why his efforts doesn't pan out.

The Big Band Theory is one of the best things I've seen come out of america these last few years. Yes, they are all stereotypes, but who on TV isn't that? To me this feels "by nerds for nerds" so they got that right at least.

We all have a little Sheldon, Wolowitz and Raj in us and Leonard is of course the one we want to be (and sympathize with), the only one at least semi-coherent of the bunch.

And trust me you're not going to get a nerd to program your recorder if you tell them you don't like TBBT!

Third season just started around here, 2 episodes back to back on Mondays. It's what keeps me sane getting up on Monday morning and sustains me through the day.
Can't wait to learn why Sheldon is learning Finnish...:biggrin:

My wife says I am Sheldon. I think it's for the last two of the traits you mention, sadly (plus the general social ineptitude). :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back